24.

I open the car door and the lights come on.

As soon as he says "Hey babe!" I say "Please don't be mad."

I sit in the car and hide my face from him while I close the door. The lights turn off and then I look up at him, less lighting better is better right?"

"Why would I be mad...?" He asks not really looking at me but driving off. He sets his hand on my thigh and I look out the window.

"I would make you promise you won't be mad but you'll still be mad. Just don't get mad at me, okay?"

"Carter.... what did you do?" He glances over at me but I'm still looking out the window.

"Technically I didn't do anything."

"Just tell me please." He sighs as we pull into his driveway.

I notice three cars parked in front of his house, meaning the boys are all still here.

"Are they all still awake?" I ask as he puts the car in park.

"Probably but they were all getting ready for bed when I left. They're just crashing here but in the guest rooms." I nod as a response, sending a silent prayer I can get into Gray's room without seeing any of them.

I let a breath out and turn to face Gray. I pull my hood down and hit the light at the top of his car.

He looks confused by my actions and then his eyes widen to the size of saucers. I guess it's as bad as I thought. He takes a minute and just looks at me, I can tell he's wrestling with his emotions. Get it wrestling? Never mind not the time for dad jokes.

"This happened tonight at your fucking job?" He asks surprisingly calming.

"Yeah..." I mumble out. He grabs his keys out of the cup holder in his car and gets out. I just sit there and watch him angry jog into his house. He leaves the front door open and just disappears out of my sight.

Well shit.

I pull my hood back up and turn the light off. I get out of the car and grab my stuff, locking his car with the button on the inside of the door. Once I double check his car is locked, I make my way inside. Most of the lights are off in his house, just the stairs light and the kitchen light seem to be on.

I lock the front door behind me and just stand there and look at my two options. I could just make my way upstairs and see if Grayson's in his room and wait for him there or I could look around the house and find him. But I run a high chance of running into one of the boys. Which I didn't need right now.

I decide my best option is to just make my way to his room and hope he's there and wait for him if he's not.

I know he just trying his best not to get mad at me. And I get it, I really do. But what am I supposed to do? I'm stuck just dealing with the situation and it sucks. I'm disappointing the only two people in my life that mean anything to me, Emma and Grayson.

I make my way upstairs and I can hear talking. My heart beat picks up and try to figure out where the talking is coming from. There are three or four rooms upstairs and I know that there at least two rooms that are just plain guest rooms but I can't remember if the library is a room upstairs or downstairs. Or maybe one of the guest rooms is downstairs? I've never really explored his house which I should really do.

Grayson's bedroom door is open, not all the way but enough. I push it open more as I hear Brock call out to me.

"I know you're not just going to come over and not say hi?" He laughs. Fuckkkkk, I have literally no choice but to turn around.