15.

It's finally October and I'm reminded by all the spider and ghost decorations in my life skill's class. Second period used to just be my worst class but now it's definitely my favorite. It's my only class with Grayson and he sits next to me in the back now so I have no complaints. Sam also moved seats and sits on the other side of Grayson. I felt bad for the kids they kicked out of their seats but they didn't seem to mind so I'm not worried about it.

It's crazy how fast things can change and become your new normal. It took me a while to understand that Stanley's was my new normal, but getting used to Grayson as my new normal has been really easy.

"Are you sure you have to box tonight...?" Grayson leans over and whispers in my ear distracting me from my running thoughts. I should be focusing on class, ugh.

Boxing, the lie that is singling handily ruining my life and saving it.

"Yeah, my mother already signed me up for the roster tonight." I mumble the lie while looking at the board. We're finally past the home life section of this class and Ms. Black is currently on slide 43 out of 88 about how to mend clothing.

"Can I please come and watch you at least?" Grayson leans closer with a smirk on his face. It's a new thing for him to ask to come and watch the fight. Not a new thing I enjoy.

I send him a glare. I've told him countless times now that it's illegal and underground. But he says he can manage himself. The last thing to ever happen will be Gray stepping foot inside Stanley's.

He pouts while leaning back in his chair fully and it brakes my heart a little. Lying is hard enough and he's not making it any easier. I just wish I could tell him everything.

"Okay class, don't forget your article of clothing with a rip or some type of mending needed is due to be here Monday in class so we can get some real world experience with the next set of slides!" Ms. Black is way too excited to teach us how to sew. Thankfully Emma had a romper with three holes in it and it's already in my locker. "Have a good weekend!" And the bell rings.

The rest of the day flies by and I find myself sitting in Grayson's car way too quickly. It's a Friday night which means it's one of the worst nights.

Since it's only a 5 minute drive to my house, we normally sit in Grayson's car for 15 minutes after school on the days mother is home. Then he drops us off two houses down. Emma has picked up on the unspoken rule that she isn't to get to the car until 4:15.

"I'm going to miss you tonight." My face heats up at his simple words.

"Oh really? What are your plans for tonight?" I'm sitting with my legs folded up criss-cross applesauce and my back to the door.

"The boys want me to go to a party tonight after the game but I don't really want to go."

"Wait, if you have a game tonight why were you asking to come to my... match?" Match is a boxing term right?

"I would ditch it for you." He pushes his hair back and I can't help but watch the muscles in his arm flex.

"You can't ditch your game, you start." I roll my eyes.

"How would know? You've never even been to a game. I could be lying about that..." His tone is joking but I can't help but notice a little hurt behind his words.

"You know if you played on a night I didn't have to go to work I would be there, right?" I say setting my hand on his arm.

"Yeah, but can't you just scheduled a night off?"

"Baby, I don't make my schedule. You know that." He looks out the window at my words, this really is something that bothers him. And there is nothing I can do about it. Fuckkk. "What if I come over tonight after I get off work?" The words falling out of mouth without any thought.