Chapter 1 : Just The Beginning

Yuna's POV

"They're in the room behind me. There are possibly 3 bodies but since the whole house was burnt down there was no real trace" I told the investigation team.

"Okay. We'll report to you if we find anything else"

"Thanks guys"

They proceeded to walk into the room where I just was. He somehow managed to escape us again. Which is completely bullshit. I dialled my best friend's number who is also my partner in work.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Jiwon?"

"Yea what's up?"

"Is Hyunjin there with you?"

"Yea we're still running over some documents. Do you need something?"

"I want to refresh all of us with this case we're still stuck on. He escaped us again and other people in danger"

"Shit. Okay come on back to the base. We'll take out the past files"

"Okay thanks"

I told the investigation team I'll be heading off for the night. I hopped on my motorcycle and headed straight back to base.

After about a 15 minute ride I finally reached. I entered in my passcode at the gate and it opened. I parked my bike and immediately went up to the top floor where all three of our offices are. The two of them were already there with the files and computers loaded up.

"I'm here"

"Okay.. So what exactly happened?"

"Me and the guards were gonna break in the house where he WAS in. Before we could reach, he burned the whole house down. Files, computers, disks are all gone"

"Fuck. Any bodies?"

"3 of them all in one room. I assumed he dragged them in there before he burned the house"

"So what are we going to do?"

"We're going to start from the very beginning. Just like when we started this case. So let's rewind. Jiwon, read me the his file"

Jiwon picked up the file and read it out loud.

"Kim Jong-in also known as Kai. Supposedly born in Suncheon-si, South Korea. No information on name of mafia, parents or even address. First attack was during a family concert. Was seen targeting an idol performing on stage. Failed to succeed the mission"

Hyunjin cut in.

"It still doesn't make sense to me. What is he trying to go for? He went off the radar for 1 in a half years. And now he comes back"

"That's what I'm trying to find out. But there does not seem to be any main events happening this month or year is there?"

"Not that I know of"

Just as I was about to say something my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID. Seulgi? What?

"Excuse me. I need to take this"

I walked away from them to the main balcony of this floor.

"Hello?"

"Hi Yuna-shi"

"Hi unnie.. Do you need anything?"

"Actually.. I do.."

"What is it?"

"Do you know the company JYP?"

"You mean the entertainment company? Yea why?"

"JYP himself needs your teams help"