Author [@AnnaAlbo]

Welcome Everyone to Behind The Words.

AnnaAlbo

It brings me great pleasure to share this interview with all of you. A big thank you to Anna who agreed to do this. she is so sweet and her books are amazing.

She is the author of [The Senators Son] which won a Wattys and the book [On the Rebound]{Boys Of The Winter Book One}

She is so talented and if you haven't read her books, then you really need too.

Without further ado...

What inspired you to start writing?

I was in grade 5 when I started writing and honestly, I think I was bored and wanted to write stories I wanted to read. And then I started loving it. It was a way to escape into my own little world and where I had control of it. 

Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

Yes, a lot! There was a period of about 5 years when I didn't write at all. I suddenly didn't want to and I had no good reason for it. Then the idea of the Senator's Son came to me, and new adult was so popular at the time. So I wrote it then and haven't stopped. But to battle writer's block - and I still get it - I usually take that time to edit and often it inspires me to write. 

Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

Some of them. I tend to write about people with only 1 or 2 close friends because I've only ever had a couple of close friends. And I've noticed a theme of people leaving in my books. That's always something I've been afraid of. As a kid, it seemed that all my very best friendships were with people who left either to move away or to a different school. So I see a lot of that unintentionally creeping up in my books.

Another theme that comes up in my books is my desire to have positive male characters. Most of the men in my life - boyfriends, my father, my brother, etc - have all been positive influences. They've treated me with respect, been proud of my accomplishments, didn't try to keep me down. I feel like there are way too many dysfunctional male characters that are borderline abusive to the women they love. For me, that's not cool.

How old are you?

Probably old enough to be your mom.

How old were you when you started writing?

I was probably about 12 when I first started writing. 

Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

I was happy. I love writing. I get a sort of pleasant rush from it.

How long does it take you to write a book on average?

It usually takes me anywhere from 4-8 weeks depending on the length, but it also takes me about the same amount of time to edit it. 

Where do you get your ideas from?

Everywhere. One time I was inspired to write a book about a person I saw being interviewed on TV. I thought he was so interesting that I decided to Google him. Next thing I knew, I was writing a character based on him. Most of my characters are based on people I know or have met, but who I think they are or might be.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

When I'm not writing, I love travelling. I also do a lot of volunteer work with dog rescues. I love animals.

What does your family think about your writing?

I think they are supportive. I have a very reserved family that doesn't get excited about much.

What do you think makes a good story?

A good story should have the reader wanting more at the end of every chapter. It should have characters who make you feel a lot of emotions whether they are good or bad.

And lastly, As a child what did you want to be?

As a child, I wanted to be a hockey player. The first woman to play professionally. But here's the irony: I can't even skate!

A big thank you to Anna for being such a sport

A big thank you to Anna for being such a sport. Please go check her out if you haven't.

Don't forget to Vote, Share and drop a comment.