Author [@neverlandhiraeth]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely neverlandhiraeth

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

....

1. What inspired you to start writing?

To be honest, there has not been a time that I can remember where I didn't want to write. I've always wanted to be a writer and when I found Wattpad I had to jump straight on it. Of course, I have deleted all of my original books because I was like 9 when I wrote them (I definitely did not lie about my age... whoops) but I have not wanted to write. However, I do get inspiration from other authors that aid me to continue when I have writer's block. 

2. Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

I see aspects of myself in my characters. For example, Madison's (from Afraid) love for books and reading is the same for me. Some of the preferences when it comes to food that characters like and does not like are similar to mine. Other than the fact that Belle from Blue Belle literally had one of my nicknames for a name, I don't really see much else of myself in characters (well that I can think of). I guess there must be some similarities that I don't realise as I think it's easy to subconsciously put things in that are like myself but I simply don't realise.

3. How old are you?

16

4. How old were you when you started writing?

I officially started writing properly when I was 10. But I had written short stories since I was around 4.

5. Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel? 

I felt at peace. Like I found something that made me feel happy. It lets me escape from the world around me and let me not worry about anything else in the world 

6. What's your outside life like? 

I am an explorer scout, I am still in school studying English literature, Religous Studies (including Philosophy) and Sociology. I have just finished writing my first original book which I am currently aiming to publish. Other than that I tend to stick by myself and do things by myself. 

7.where do you get your ideas from?

I get my ideas from various places. Most of the time I just have random thoughts (I daydream a lot) that form ideas for books. Other times I hear weird conversations that people have and that sparks an idea. And other times I get frustrated because I can't find a book on a particular topic/storyline and so I decided to write it myself. 

8. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I like camping, I enjoy reading and I watch a lot of movies and YouTube. And I have also fallen into the trap of tik tok and I spend hours scrolling through the hundreds of videos. 

9. What does your family think about your writing?

They're all very supportive. All of my family continuously ask about my books, especially my original books that I'm writing. They send me links to different publishers and literary agents, or they send me interesting photos they find online which could be of any inspiration for my writing. So yeah, they're great and are very supportive. 

10. What do you think makes a good story?

That's a great question. I think many things make up a good story and there isn't really a set recipe for a "good" story. But I do really believe in the idea that if you can tell that a writer is truly passionate about their writing it reflects in the story and automatically makes it better. I also think that experimentation is good on a certain scale, it's good to break the "rules" of book writing and use different methods such as using a different structure or make it rather confusing on a level that can be depicted but isn't so clear cut. Altogether, those are a few ways that I think make a good story but the idea of a good story is so complex and infinite so ultimately my first point on the writer's passion is reflected in the work is what I would class the best thing that makes a good story. I love fantasy so much. It's my goal to be able to write a fantasy book. However, I do love historical fiction as well. I'd love to incorporate both into a book.

11. What's your favourite genre? 

 I love fantasy so much. It's my goal to be able to write a fantasy book. However, I do love historical fiction as well. I'd love to incorporate both into a book.

12. Do you write on wattpad or do you use software (like Microsoft word)?

When writing my books for Wattpad I tend to use the app or my notes, depending on whether I have a WiFi or not. But my original works get written in notebooks and Microsoft Word. 

13. What's the hardest thing to write for you and why?

Ooh, that's a good question. I would say in terms of writing more and more chapters, Blue Belle is definitely one that I need more motivation for but I think that's because I regret part of the storyline that happens early on that I can't rectify because it would change the entire plot. However, I also found Towers/Neverland challenging due to the nature of the book in general, it delves into very serious matters that I had to go about carefully in order to not romanticise the mature subject it is revolving around and to get it as accurate as I possibly could/can. 

14. Do you work on an outline or just go with the flow? 

Um, I generally know how I want to end each book but getting there I usually go with the flow with only a few sets in stone ideas. However, recently I have begun to plan a lot more 

15. Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

to my readers, I want to thank you all so much for your love and support when it comes to my works. You guys literally brighten my day up every time I see and new vote or a new comment! I couldn't be where I am without you. I love you all so much <3  

16. And lastly, Do you have any advice for new writers.

to new writers, don't worry about other people, how they write will be different to you (and if it isn't, that's okay), don't worry if someone doesn't like your work, if you like it, keep going! Don't write for other people, write for yourself. After all, it doesn't matter about whether others want to read it if you would read your work then that is all that matters. Don't be afraid to experiment. Don't be afraid to push boundaries and address subjects that others are too afraid to. This is your work. This is your life. This is your writing. Nobody else's. And lastly, don't give up, even if you have to force yourself to write a chapter, sometimes it's that little push that will get the ball rolling again.

...

Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote, comment and share.