Author [@FaeRiddle]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely FaeRiddle

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

...

1. What inspired you to start writing?

My sister, honestly. She's older than me by a few years, and she talked about her writing to me sometimes. I started off just curious but ended up really enjoying writing when I started. Then it just stuck. 

2. Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

All the time. The second book in the first trilogy I posted on my account was on hold for months, just because I couldn't get myself to sit down and write, and when I did, the stuff I came out with was complete trash. I was never happy with what I wrote, so I decided to just wait it out. Eventually, I got the flow back, but I never found a sure method to get rid of writer's block. 

3. Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

I see a little of myself all of the characters I write, but different pieces. The character of Imogen in the first series I wrote narrates the story in the first person, and she shares my tendency to overthink and slight anxiety. Leigh, however - the main character in my newest series - has more of my appearance and the way I interact with my friends. 

4. How old are you?

18

5. How old were you when you started writing?

11/12 when I started properly writing, 14 when I started posting. 

6. Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

I loved it. It was just a little bit of fun at the beginning, as it allowed me to meet the characters I loved in make-belief. It was living out a fantasy that kept me busy in the evenings and at weekends, as well as allowing me to actually build some sort of skill in writing. I remember being consumed in it, forgetting what time it was and churning out five or six chapters in one night.

7. Where do you get your ideas from?

A mixture of places. My characters are usually based on people I know in my real life - characteristic-wise, sometimes even personality-wise. My plot lines have lots of different influences, as I often find myself piecing together a story as I go along, so it involves a lot of snap decisions.

8. What does your family think about your writing? 

 My sister reads a lot of the stuff I write. Not so much the stuff that I post on my profile, but some of the original projects I'm working on outside of Wattpad. But, the rest of the family doesn't really know anything about my writing. I like to keep it as something for myself, most of the time. 

. What do you think makes a good story? 

 Personally, I really enjoy a character-driven story. I think if a writer can get me to feel something for the character, I'm much more likely to be invested in their plot. Even if it's a seemingly unimportant plot, if I really care about the character, I'll be interested. 

 10. What's your favourite genre? 

 I don't really have one, honestly. I enjoy romance, fantasy, historical fiction more than most, but have found myself really enjoying contemporary novels. 

11. Do you write on wattpad or do you use software (like Microsoft word)? 

 I write the stories that I post on Wattpad, and the projects I'm working on for myself on Pages or Word.

 12. What's the hardest thing to write,  for you and why? 

 One of my stories has a plotline of teen pregnancy, and I found that quite hard to write about since I haven't experienced it myself. I tried to do as much research as I could and read as many comments as possible that were offering advice, but it was still quite difficult to do things like pregnancy issues and birth justice. 

13. Do you work on an outline or just go with the flow? 

 It really depends on the story. I quite often start a story on an out-of-the-blue impulse, and then get stuck a bit later on and have to iron out the details. 

 14. Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

 Just a massive thank you. I never expected my stories to get anywhere near as many reads as they did, and it brings me so much joy whenever a comment or vote notification pops up on my phone. I've received so much positive feedback and it just makes me really happy that people enjoy the things that I write. 

 15. And lastly, Do you have any advice for new writers?

 Don't think too much on it. Write what you want to write, and if it feels good to you, then it's good enough for anyone that might want to read it.

...

There you have it, don't forget to vote, comment and share. Also if you want a specific author to be interviewed then please let me know.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 30, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

𝐵𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 (Featuring Many Great Authors)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें