Author [@A_Elin]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely A_Elin

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

...

1. What inspired you to start writing?

I believe that from a very young age our imaginations, fantasies and way of storytelling mirrors the fiction and nonfiction we've been exposed to. Whether these influences were received through video games, television, social settings, trauma, cartoons or books, it all most certainly lead a lot of young children and teens to imagine a different reality than the one they were living.

I was no different, and absolutely adored escaping reality for the chance of living through the eyes of another person in another world, viewing things from a new perspective and dealing with foreign problems.

As I grew up, having read all sorts of book genres and tales, I started to acquire a taste for a specific way of storytelling and plot. I eventually became picky with the books I chose to read, having one specific plot in mind when I was looking around for books to lose myself in. I came to realize that the book I had in mind didn't exist. So, I figured I had to write it myself. This led me to write my first novel The Mystery Fighter back in 2014 at the age of fourteen.

Honestly, I just wanted to be able to physically read the stories I had built in my head, all typed out on paper.

2. Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

Oh god, I've had countless writer's blocks. Trust, there has been no shortage of procrastination when writing myself into a difficult scene, or simply not being able to physically communicate the story the way I want to. Lately, I've found that the best way for me to defeat a writer's block or a slump, is to just write a lot of random stuff that is vaguely related to the story in hope that the silver lining of the story will appear. Say if I'm having difficulties getting into a good fight scene, I just write how I would want to see the scene play out in front of me or on a movie screen, without worrying about the details of the movies.

3. Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

I see parts of myself in my female protagonist. Our way of assessing a situation are similar, but the difference is that she actually matches her actions to her way of thinking. I have a difficult time confronting people and being blunt, something she has no problem doing. This goes back to what I previously explained about writing giving you the opportunity to act through another person- where you are in complete control of the situation and the consequences. I could correct my personal weaknesses through the creation of my protagonist, as I'm sure a lot of people do. Though I'm sure not a lot of people are doing this consciously. I sure didn't.

Looking back and reading the story over again, now almost six years later, I can clearly see that I've taken some pointers from my protagonist and worked on those weaknesses over the years. Thus, I'm more similar to her now, than I was when I sketched her out.

4. How old are you?

21.

5. How old were you when you started writing?

I'm not really sure when I started writing. From the ages of eight-ten, I sort of just wrote snippets of different stories on a word document or on a notebook by hand because I wanted to be able to read the stories and scenarios I made up in my head.