Author [@aggie23FF]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely  aggie23FF

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

What inspired you to start writing?

Nothing in particular, actually. It simply felt natural to me. I had all these ideas in my head, stories and characters. So one day I thought about writing about them. I started with little things when I was 14. Then I wrote fanfics and eventually I decided to create something of my own. And here I am now :) 

Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

 I did have a writer's block several times. It's not something rare, at least for me, but I've learned not to overstress about it. With time I've understood that I should not force myself into writing because usually, nothing good comes from it. For some reasons, it seems like "we should get over it" fast in order to keep writing, but for me, it's part of the process and I just let it be. After a while, it goes away. Watching good movies usually helps and also reading something that inspires me.  

Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

Sometimes I do. I think it's inevitable to project some characteristics of my own. Sometimes it's good things but in other moments, its fun to give a character something not so nice. 

How old are you?

 I'm thirty-one 

How old were you when you started writing?

 I first started when I was fourteen but I didn't complete a story until I was twenty-one. 

Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

 It was weird and exciting. I remember doing a lot of research (my first story was set in the 2nd WW), so for me being able to read about it and watch movies and learn more, was a great experience. 

How long does it take you to write a book on average?

 It usually takes me a year or more. I'm a slow writer because of two reasons: English is not my first language and I work full time. So finding the time is not as easy as it'd like. 

What's your outside life like?

 I have a major in psychology and work in HR. I live with my boyfriend and love travelling and visiting my family. I have a quiet life despite living in the capital and having workaholic tendencies haha 

Where do you get your ideas from?

 I don't really know. Ideas just come and go. With some of them, I connect more, and with some, I don't. When I sense an idea would require some research from me, my curiosity stirs and that's usually the path I chose :) 

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

 When I'm not writing I like baking and eating. I have to follow a very strict gluten-free diet so I like reading about possible recipes and trying them.  

What does your family think about your writing?

 The only person in my family who has read my stories is my sister and she's I love with them. Her opinion means the world to me, cause I know she's honest and will tell me whatever she thinks that's off or needs improvement.  

What do you think makes a good story?

Relatable and flawed characters. Perfection is overrated and I'd rather write about mistaken decisions or confused characters than about something that always goes perfect. Of course, I like happy endings, but those come after some effort  

What's your favourite genre? and why?

 My favourite genre is new adult. Even when I was younger, I found older (25-35) characters more interesting than younger ones. Even now, that I've left my teen years behind, I have troubles with relating with younger characters. I believe that any genre that involves these kinds of characters would be a great and difficult challenge for me. 

Do you work on an outline or do you just write with the flow?

 That's a tough one... I guess I tend to plan and outline the plot before diving in. Still, I try to be flexible and listen to what the characters have to say as the story progresses. Sometimes I plan something for them and then I end up writing something completely different! 

Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

Thank you!I'm really grateful for every vote and comment. Despite not answering them all, I make sure to read them because that's the joy of writing. I'm so lucky to be able to do this and get recognition and support, you have no idea ♥️ Also, if you ever need a word of advice, have a question or feel you need to leave an opinion (no matter how little Sugar-coated it is), my I inbox is always open! 

And lastly, Do you have any advice for new writers

 Being a newbie at Wattpad is never easy. To me, more than a year went by before I started making friends and actively participating in the community. Join book clubs, learn how to give and receive feedback.Read a lot. From your fellow writers and other stories as well. Find tricks and ways to communicate your ideas and stories to make them more appealing (Pinterest is full of articles!)And last, but not least, be kind and supportive to other writers here. They will help you more than you know! This community has something special, don't be afraid to join and enjoy! 

...

There you have it, Don't forget to vote, share and comment. Also feel free to hit me up.