Author [@lonediva]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely lonediva

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

...

1. What inspired you to start writing?

 I started writing because I am a very picky reader lol, so I decided to write the kind of story that I wanted to read. I would read books on wattpad and published and get so frustrated when the characters didn't do what i wanted them to do or they acted in ways that I hated (for example, they say the girl is a strong independent woman but she doesn't stick up for herself and only does whatever she is told or the trope where girls always hate girls). Thing was, I have no write to get mad because it wasn't my book, so instead I decided to write my own where I decided what was going to happen. So I'm just writing the kind of book I want to read. 

2. Did you have any writers' block along the way? How did you get past them?

To be honest, not really. I might have a little writer's block here or there but it's not for very long and thankfully, I can generally write past it. But I did go on a year long hiatus because stuff was going on at home and I needed to give that my full attention.

3. Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

Wows I find this question the hardest of them all. Most of my characters are different versions of me and people I aspire to be.

4. How old are you?

I am 20 years old.

5. How old were you when you started writing?

Technically I've been writing since grade school in class, and ever since I would start and stop projects, but legitimate writing when I was 18.

6. Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? What did you feel?

I have always been intrigued by the idea of creating something new, and the idea of writing something better (that's where my competitive side comes out). From then on I would start writing stories but would get frustrated and quit first chance I had, nothing made it past the first chapter. Queen of Tricks is the first legit thing I have ever written. And it's amazing to see that I have created something from pretty much nothing, especially something I am proud of.

7. What's your outside life like?

Chill but busy. Before I travelled a lot and I was in Kenya when Corona hit but now that I'm home, I'm working a lot in construction and volunteering as much as I can.

8. Where do you get your ideas from?

The most random things! Sometimes I get an idea from something I've read, seen, heard, yada yada. Or I can't explain how many times I have dreamt of an idea or thought of it in the shower.

9. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Good question. Most of the time I am travelling, but when I am at home I am always doing something, most of the time outside. I live in a place where I can snowboard in the winter and surf in the summer so any chance I get that's what I'm doing. I read as much as I can, and I have a lot of weird little hobbies like knitting, sewing, painting, skateboarding, hiking, and camping. I will literally do anything.

10. What does your family think about your writing?

They don't really know... my mom knows I write but she has no idea what or anything about it and I plan to keep it that way

11. What do you think makes a good story?

I have no idea. Coming from a picky reader and an even pickier writer, I got no clue. If it's good, it's good. If you figure it out though, let me know.

12. What's your favourite genre?

Literally anything.

13. Do you write on Wattpad or do you use software (like Microsoft word)?

First Microsoft word on my tablet because I have lost way too many chapter from Wattpad without backups, then I go to Grammarly because my spelling is the worst thing you have ever experienced, and finally I do finishing touches on Wattpad.

14. What's the hardest part for you to write, and why?

Whatever I am currently writing is the hardest thing for me to write. I always want to write the next chapter or the one after that. When I finally get there, I don't want to write it! I'm starting to think writing in general is my problem.

15. Do you work on an outline or just go with the flow?

I won't start writing until I have an entire outline mapped out in my mind (or else I know I won't finish it) but I'm always down to make changes and I never write it down.

16. Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

All I can say is thank you. I am honestly amazed at the amount of readers I have and loyal readers who are there the second I upload a chapter or as fast as they can. And I love their comments because it makes my day, especially when they tell me I made them laugh or smile or just be happy. All I want from my story is to brighten their day.

17. and lastly, do you have any advice for new writers.

Read and write as much as you can. It's the biggest cliché but there is a reason people say it so often. By reading, you learn what you like and don't like in stories. And the more you write the better you are going to get. Even if you don't feel like writing or you have writers block, just write through even if it makes zero sense, speaking from experience, something will come out of it.

...

There you have it, don't forget to vote, comment and share. Also if you want a specific author to be interviewed then please let me know.