Author [@danamayfield]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely danamayfield

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

...

what inspired you to start writing? 

 Friends and reading got me interested in writing. At first, I wrote songs with a friend which eventually turned into writing books when I began to read more. In high school, another friend showed me Wattpad which made me more motivated to write. 

Did you have any writers' block along the way? How did you get past them? 

 Oh ya! I'm one of those writers once dive into a story knowing what the plot is and the main points but just getting there causes writer's block. Now I like to plan a few chapters more so I know direction of where I'm going. What helps for me is watching movies, listening to music or reading books. A lot of times I'd me in the car blasting a Spotify playlist when inspiration strikes. 

Do you see yourself in any characters and why? 

 a lot of characters when I was first starting out (and sometimes even now) I'll give quirks to that I've done or do, and even some personality traits because I'm knowledgeable on how I act or do things so I tend to add some dash of myself with every character. 

How old are you?

 24! I started wattpad my sophomore year of high school. Time flies! 

How old were you when you started writing?

 I'd say probably 10ish? Maybe younger. 

Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? What did you feel? 

I felt excitement since I was also collaborating with a friend writing lyrics. It was nice to feel like you can have a voice since I'm more on the quiet side so I tend to use writing to help express myself. 

What's your outside life like? 

As of now, I'm currently working at a community newspaper that covers a few towns in the area as an editor. I still try and find time to read and write and have fun with friends/family.  

Where do you get your ideas from? 

it varies for me. I could be in the car and something randomly hits when listening to a song or if there are two actors (or one) I can see as a potential character and begin to form an idea, which what happened with what I'm currently working on.  

What do you like to do when you are not writing? 

I like to keep up with reading and watching movies. Or I'll be with family and out and about with friends.  

What does your family think about your writing? 

They're very encouraging. I'm one of those writers that don't show my family my work, but I have shared short stories I've written for school and some snipers I let them read. When I wanted to go to college to pursue writing, they allowed me to do what I loved even though they were worried which I'll always be thankful for.  

What do you think makes a good story?

 What I find when I read novels is I'm drawn to the characters and their personalities as well as a good plot, but I find myself liking books that have a nice flow and voice to them. Also a nice balance between descriptions and dialogue.

what's your favourite genre? 

I like to read romance and contemporary, but some of my favourite books are fantasy/paranormal. 

Do you write on wattpad or do you use the software? 

I write first on Microsoft Word what's the hardest thing to write for you and why?The hardest thing for me to write is the chapters between the first introductory ones to the first major plot point. I want those to not just be filler, but also mean something to the plot so it has me think harder. Those chapters are where writers' block happens to me. 

Do you work with an outline or just go with the flow? 

I used to go with the flow until so many of those stories come to a halt because I either lose inspiration or have writers' block. So now I don't write a full outline but write a few major scenes I want to happen and some ideas on how I want to move the story along to reach those scenes. 

Do you have anything specific to you and to say to readers? 

 First-thank you for choosing my books to read and I'm hoping to finish those I've started even though I haven't updated anything new in a while. Also to give my other newer works a read as well since my writing and storytelling has improved dramatically from the stories I've written in high school.

Do you have any advice for new writers?

On wattpad, it's easy to make views and likes into account when liking about the value of your story, but if you love the story you're telling them to stick with it! Don't let reads discourage you. Also, I was told in a writing class that I've carried with me is don't fall in love with your first draft. When you do, it's harder to take critique and see why the suggestions are for the better for the book and not attacking what you've written. Be open to it since that's the only way to make your writing grow. If you're wanting to learn more about writing, I'd also read more. I learned more about common usage and how to create a good voice within a book by reading more. 

...

Thank you so much for reading and supporting these interviews. Don't forget to vote and comment. If you have any specific questions for these amazing writers just drop a comment.