Author [@chaaass93]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely chaaass93

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

....

What inspired you to start writing?

 Well, for starters, I really love to read. And, this is kind of weird by the way, when I fall in love with a book or even a movie, I sometimes imagine myself being the main character. I like to think to myself what I would have done or said if I was put in certain situations that happened in the story. The thing that actually got me to start writing though, was that I went through a tough situation a few years ago. Writing had helped me get through that hard time and in doing so I also found a hobby that I ended up really enjoying.

Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

I do. Especially with my most recent chapters. I found the best thing for me to do when going through writers' block is to start working on other sections of the book, instead of trying to force out the next part of the story. It could be something as simple as the dialogue between my characters or as big as a specific scene that I want to happen in the upcoming chapters. 

Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

 Yes. Throughout the stories I wrote, I imagine myself being put in the situations that my main characters are in and have them portray how I would act if I were them. Some of my characters are based on my family members, as well. For example, I wrote about Kelsey, Dylan, and Noa through the eyes of my sister and brothers. There are also scenes that I included in my books that actually took place in real life. I dramatized most of them, though. 

How old are you?

25

How old were you when you started writing?

21

Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

When I first started writing, it was mainly an outlet for me to get out of my own head. So I guess you could say I felt relieved. I also remember being extremely excited. Like when I finished writing my very first chapter (it was a prologue to be exact), I literally sat there, staring at the screen and said to myself, "Holy damn, I just started a story!"

What's your outside life like?
I work at an elementary school and absolutely love it. I also come from a very big and close family so a lot of my free time is spent with my siblings and cousins.

What's your favourite genre?
My favourite genre is romance. I specifically love books where the main female characters are strong-willed and have no problem putting their love interests in their place. Shocking, right? I've also always had a love for mythology. But I don't read those as much as I used to when I was younger.

What's the hardest thing to write, for you and why?
 The hardest thing for me to write is my characters' descriptions of their appearance. I don't know if you noticed but I don't really explain what my characters look like as much as other authors do. I'll give the basics like hair colour and eye colour. But that's about it. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that when I first started writing, I myself didn't really know what my characters look like. I still kind of don't.

Do you work on an outline or just go with the flow?
 I started off knowing what I basically wanted to take place throughout the entirety of the book. Then it went from there. So for example, whenever I begin a chapter, I know what events I want the characters to go through. I just don't know what takes place between each event. And that's kind of where I just go with the flow. I've heard numerous authors say that their book wrote itself and I truly never understood what that meant until I started writing. Honestly, there were many times where my characters changed the course of the book without me even realizing it until I got to the end of the chapter. And there were even more times when I would reread what I wrote and think to myself, "When'd I write that?"

Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

Yes! I'd like to say thank you for everything! Thank you for all the support! For reading my story. For voting on it. For commenting on it. Thank you for being patient with me when I can't get out the next chapter in a timely manner. Thank you for encouraging me to continue writing. And most importantly, thank you for being kind to one another in my comment section.

And lastly, Do you have any advice for new writers.

  I think the biggest advice I could give is to write a book that you want to write. Don't change something because someone else doesn't like it. I've done that constantly since I started writing just to appease others only for another group of people to not like it. Also, don't let criticism stop you from writing. There were a few times when I didn't have the motivation to write all because of one bad critic. Even though there were a lot of people telling me how great my story was, I could only focus on that one comment. So...moral of this vent, you're probably never going to make a story that everyone in the world will love, so you might as well make one that you do.

...

There you have it, Don't forget to vote, share and comment.