3

"w-what?" tears were brimming in her eyes. god, why was dongpyo hurting her so much? that simple sentence probably didn't mean much to him but yet, haeyoung felt so hurt.

"i said what i said. so now, please go away."

dongpyo scowled at her before getting on the bus that just had arrive, which was also the bus she was suppose to get on. she didn't want to get on it. but she had to for her shift at a cafe was about to start.

she wiped the small tears away and followed behind him, though she didn't really want to, and got on the bus. dongpyo saw haeyoung getting on and couldn't help but stare at her for a few seconds. haeyoung caught him staring and their eyes met for a while before she looked away.

dongpyo scoffed. i wonder how i was like in school he thought. he was curious to find out and wanted to talk to haeyoung, heck he was dying to talk to her, but he had some pride and stopped himself to.

unfortunately for haeyoung though, she and him got off at the same stop. not that she was complaining, but she rather get off some other stop instead since she's not willing to face her last love after what he said. was she really that hard to love? she is always the one stuck, the one left wondering around, the one thinking "where it all went wrong?"

while being deep in her thoughts, she didn't realise she was following dongpyo. or at least, that's what he thought.

he turned around, which made haeyoung bump into his chest, or shoulder since dongpyo is tiny. "ow!" she whimpered as she is rub her forehead. she was about to apologise till she look up slightly and saw his face.

"why are you following me?" he asked with absolute no expression at all. haeyoung rolled her eyes and didn't reply. instead she just walked ahead. the last thing she wants is him reporting to the cops that she's following him.

dongpyo stared at her as she walks away, a smirk appearing on his face. "i must have been popular in school," he chuckled to himself as haeyoung walks farther and farther away, him still standing there.

-
"hi, what can i ge-"

haeyoung stopped talking. oh god, it was song minji. "omo, haeyoung?" she squealed which made haeyoung want to vomit. seriously if sounds so fake she sneered in her mind.

"anyway you work here?" minji asked, looking around the counter. "must be nice to work here."

"what do you want minji? if you are here to bother me, leave." she pointed at the door, wanting the little bitch infront of her to get out of her sight. she got bullied enough in high school cause of minji. her life was getting peaceful but once dongpyo pop up, minji just had to appear again too.

what rotten luck.

"are you free right now?" minji asked with a smile, as if she never bullied haeyoung before. she was acting as if they were friends. "no-"

and as if time was controlled by god knows what, haeyoung's manager came out at the exact same time just as she was about to say no.

"oh are you haeyoung's manager?" minji asked with a sly smile on her face.

"yes, i am."

"can i borrow haeyoung for dinner? it's been awhile since we met.."

-
"how manipulative are you?" haeyoung scoffed, keeping a distance from minji as they walk. even though there was a distance between them, she could hear minji laugh. she stopped walking and turned around, a smirk on her face. "look who's talking. weren't you the one who took jaejin away from me?"

all haeyoung could do was laugh. it's been a year since we graduated.

"yah, minji, it's been-"

"hurry up, we have to go before it closes down."

haeyoung sighed as minji start to walkagain. she didn't felt like eating dinner. just thinking about what dongpyo said can make her lose her appetite. how can he be so cruel? she wasn't feeling hungry anyway. she looked around as she walked, recognising the place.

wait isn't-

"here we go. come in," minji smirked. haeyoung looked around. it was dongpyo's restaurant.

she gulped and followed minji into the place. she didn't want to be there. it pained her so much to see dongpyo there and that he didn't even remember her.

"so what would you-" a waiter came over to their table and stopped mid-sentence upon seeing haeyoung. "wait aren't you-"

"yes i am," she replied in complete monotone, not looking up to face dongpyo. she could feel minji smirking at her. did she know that he came back? haeyoung wondered.

dongpyo sneered before taking their orders. he felt utterly disgusted. he didn't like that haeyoung was always around him. he faked a smile before heading to the kitchen to get their orders.

"aish, she's so annoying. can't she just leave me alone?" he grumbled as he ruffle his hair, feeling so annoyed.

he took a few deep breaths before smiling, holding a tray with two bowls of boiling hot kimchi stew with his two hands.

minji turned around and saw dongpyo coming out of the kitchen holding the kimchi stew. she smirked and extended her leg out discreetly.

dongpyo was carefully holding the tray and due to his poor observation, he didn't see minji's leg. in just a step, he tripped over her leg. minji smirked as she saw the scene unfolding infront of her. dongpyo tripped, causing him to let go of the tray. the tray of two boiling hot kimchi stew went flying and just like what minji wanted to happen, the boiling hot stew spilled onto haeyoung's arm, causing her to get up from her seat and whimpering in pain.

"haeyoung! i'm so sorry!" he apologised. haeyoung looked up and sneered. "yeah right." he felt so bad. he grabbed her armand pulled her towards the kitchen, surprising both her and minji for the sudden hand grab.

"yah, dongpyo, what are you-"

he let go of her hand and grabbed both of her shoulders, forcing her to sit down on a stool.

he went deeper into the kitchen and soon came back to her, holding a first aid kit and a small bucket of water with a towel. he then put the wet towel on her arm to cool down the burn. "yah, dongpyo what do you-"

"be quiet. i'm helping you."

she shut up immediately. she was confused to why he was doing this. but she smiled at him anyway. he seemed like his old self. dongpyo looked at her with concern. "don't smile like that, if you are feeling hurt or in pain, don't smile and act as if nothing happened."

haeyoung just continued smiling and nodded.

he then applied some lotion on her arm before bandaging it up. "there you go-"

dongpyo groaned in pain, his head resting on his palm for support. it felt like déjà vu.

"yah! dongpyo!"

-a few years ago-

"aish, that minji won't stop bothering you, will she?"

dongpyo made her sit down on a chair, looking at the burn. he went around the nurses' office and finally found the first aid kit and a damp towel.

"it's fine really.." haeyoung mumbled, smiling. earlier that day, minji 'accidently' split a bowl of hot kimchi stew, out of annoyance that she was talking to jaejin.

dongpyo looked at her with concern. "don't smile like that, if you are feeling hurt or in pain, don't smile and act as if nothing happened."

haeyoung nodded and smiled at him as he wash the bits of kimchi off her arm, before applying a lotion and bandaging it up.

"there you go," he smiled at her.

"thanks dongpyo!"

-end-

dongpyo stopped groaning as that memory ended. he looked at her.

who are you?