14

seoul ; south korea ; 14 year old haeyoung , minji , dongpyo , miyoung , jaejin ; 16 year old jisung

"it's ok miyoung, jisung sunbae will recover soon, hm?" haeyoung tried to comfort her crying friend.

"haeyoung is right. he will," minji agreed, patting her friend on the back. miyoung nodded as more tears streamed down her face. she looked up and haeyoung felt bad for her. her eyes were bloodshot red and her face was all puffy, swollen.

she looked around and spotted jaejin, just a few tables away from them. "YAH! CHOI JAEJIN!" miyoung yelled at the boy angrily, standing up as she wiped away her tears. she walked towards him and dongpyo and grabbed his blazer, clearly so angry.

"you.. you did this!" she angrily screamed at jaejin as she grabbed the blazer of the boy. dongpyo looked at the two in confusion before trying to get the two to separate, haeyoung and minji trying to get miyoung off jaejin.

"come on miyoung, there are other ways to-"

"shut up!" she snapped at haeyoung. "this boy did this to my brother!"

she attempted to punch jaejin but with no reason known, haeyoung grabbed miyoung's arm, stopping her to add violence in the situation.

"miyoung stop," the girl calmly said. miyoung glared at haeyoung before removing her hands off jaejin's blazer. once she was off him, jaejin ran away, leaving the confused dongpyo there.

"hey jaejin!" he yelled after the boy, running after him.

-
"jaejin? you in here?"

the boy looked up and saw haeyoung softly smiling at him as she enter the music room. she took a seat beside him on the floor. "school is over already. what are you doing here?"

jaejin just shrugged and hugged his knees, feeling ever so guilty. "i don't know."

"is it about jisung sunbae?"

jaejin nodded and hid his face in between his knees. "i feel guilty. i caused this. but i don't even dare own up."

haeyoung sighed. "you do know that, miyoung is moving to the states soon, right? apologise at least. at least her hard feelings will soften abit."

"i want to, but i also can't."

"but still-"

"jaejin? so you were here."

the two looked up and saw dongpyo standing at the doorway. haeyoung smiled and nodded at him before turning back to jaejin.

"just try, hm?"

dongpyo sighed. maybe he was right. jaejin had a better chance with haeyoung than with himself.

"jaejin, let's go. and just so you know, miyoung is at class so apologise." dongpyo turned around and walked away, leaving the two alone. did he felt jealous? yes he did. he felt jealous of jaejin. he was close to haeyoung. but dongpyo? he wasn't even close with her at all. but knowing the truth, he can tell why miyoung is angry. but also know how jaejin must feel.