24

i think i missed dongpyo's birthday ( iM SORRY ) so this is a chap for tat even tho it's been .. a month or so
but enjoy :DD

-
"isn't it like .. dongpyo's birthday today?" yeseul asked haeyoing, eating a piece of cookie. haeyoung stopped writing, putting down her pen and looked up to her friend. they were working on some essay they were assigned to and haeyoung was so busy that she forgot it was her own boyfriend (or not, since it wasn't properly decided yet) birthday.

"what time is it?" she asked, fumbling and lookijg through her bag.

"10:56," — yeseul replied with a quick look at her watch — "why?"

haeyoung didn't answer but just looked through her bag, finally smiling as soon as she found her phone. "let's text jaejin and jisung and ask for a meet up."

"but wouldn't .. dongpyo be busy right now? or at least have plans?" yeseul questioned, already texting jisung. she wouldn't pass up an opportunity to text him.

"well if he does, then let's just surprise him," haeyoung muttered, already texting jaejin. "who knows, let's surprise him at his aunt's restaurant."

she thought about asking minji and miyoung along but decided not to. but a part of her wanted to, cause it's better than them crashing in, right?

"let's head to the pizza place." she got up and started packing everything, and slung her bag over her shoulder.

yeseul, who had confusion written all over her face, got up and packed everything into her bag. "but .. why?" she lifted an eyebrow, following her friend out of the cafe.

"to invite miyoung and minji."

her brows snapped together, her mouth set in a hard line. haeyoung was asking the people who didn't like her .. to the surprise party of dongpyo? didn't they also spread a rumour about haeyoung as well?

yeseul stopped walking, not understanding her friend. who in their right mind would do that? unless haeyoung wasn't in her right mind, she would never do that.

"excuse me," — yeseul followed along, fastening her pace to catch up with her friend who doesn't seem to notice her confusion — "did you say, inviting miyoung and minji?"

yeseul looked at her friend as if that wasn't obvious. "yes? i did say that."

"so why-"

"cause we were friends before," haeyoung smiled, flicking her friend on the forehead. "we and dongpyo and jaejin and even jisung were friends before. just, before everything fell apart and when jisung and miyoung left. i think they would want to be there too."

yeseul didn't look convinced but just shrugged. she knew they were friends before, but miyoung and minji spread some rumour about haeyoung before, isn't that being too kind? "and besides," haeyounh said, stopping outside the pizza place jisung and miyoung owned. "it's better that they get invited and not just pop up and ruin the party, right?"