Chapter 2: Meet And Greet, Part 1

I woke up on a soft bed and a pain on my shoulder. Stella was right next to me and I could see her wounds had been treated. But who had bandaged them? Newt? Ben? 

           I heard someone opening a bead-like curtain. I couldn't make a clear image of who it was because I was still whoosie. Was there someone else in the room? I glanced over to Stella who was still unconscious. The shadowy figure rubbed a part of her head where it was previously bleeding with some sort of wet cloth. 

                 What are they gonna do to us? I felt a deep hole in my chest. A feeling that scared me more than what was beyond the walls. What was beyond those walls? The more that I started to wake up the better vision I had. The figure was not what I expected. It was a tall African American. He had a bald head and clothes that looked like rags sewed together sort of how Newt's and Ben's clothes were. He walked towards me realizing that I was awake. "Shhhh... Everything is going to be just fine", He said. He held up a needle and inserted it into a bottle that clearly wrote Doxepin

                          He took the needle out " Hold her down", he said to a guy who just appeared from the other side of me. The other guy held down my arms. "What are doing to me?!", I screamed desperately trying to get help. I struggled and squirmed. Stella woke up. "Hey!" She got up and grabbed the African American by the shirt and threw him down to the ground knocking everything off the tray he had in front of him. Boom, Crash, Boom, I was able to pull my arms away from the guard and I grabbed the tray and smacked him right across the face with it. Then, Boys walked in surrounding use. Surprisingly they all had more confused than mad looks across their faces. We knew that we were in trouble. 

                           "What the bloody hell happened?" asked Newt who just walked in throw what I thought was a bead curtain but was more like a curtain made out of palm tree leaves. Stella looked my way. We stared at each other. "Oops", We both said shrugging to Newt and the rest of the boys. Ben came rushing in. He stared at us, crossing his arms. The other boys were either helping the guard or the doctor up or staring at us or staring at the mess we made.

"Thank you for helping me back there", I told Stella. She nodded her head and looked back down at the floor. The boys had put us in the Slammer. Whatever that meant. It was like a sort of jail to keep us under control. We had done a bit of damage in the emergency hut. "That medicine took months to make! You Greenies are crazy", Ben had said. I recalled all the broken bottles and the angry expressions on the boy's faces.

My stomach was begging for something to eat. All that running and blacking out took all my energy. We heard footsteps approach, and Stella looked through the bamboo window. It was Newt and this chubby little friend. He had curly hair and a sweet look on his face.

"We don't want to risk you shanks escaping again, so you will have to stay in here till the doors close", Newt said.

"You Greenies are crazy. If you guys are to adapt, I suggest you have common sense."

"Maybe all we need is an explanation! We just woke up in a box with no memory other than our name, in the shucking middle of nowhere, and you expect us to have common sense!", shouted Stella. You read my mind.

"We will give you an explanation at the bonfire tonight. Chuck here has your food. And enough screaming, you sound like a bloody Griever."