Chapter 7: Sisters

I was once again in a field of wheat. The little girl was there again although she had her blonde honeysuckle hair in pigtails. We were dancing around and laughing, everything felt peaceful. "Violet, why does WCKD always talk about a Flare and a Maze"

"I don't know. But I do know I will protect you"

"Promise me you won't forget me, Violet"

"I promise, Stella"

I woke up on the same cot as when I first arrived here. It wasn't the most comfortable bed but, it was better then waking up on the hard dirt ground.

I looked to my side. There he was, Minho. He was smiling.

"How are you doin buttercup?". I closed my eyes and smiled.

"Better than ever.", I said sarcastically. I opened my eyes. He wasn't smiling anymore. "We have news.", He said.

"Turns out that Stella got stung by a griever".

"WHAT?!?!?", I got up, my head still woozy.

I ran to the other side of the curtain. She was laying on a cot with Newt by her side. He was holding her hand. His face looked like he was crying.

Her eyes still closed.

"She hasn't bloody woken up yet!", He turned at me.

"And, it is all your fault. You, Violet! You were suppose to be watching her."

Minho jumped in front of me. Newt started to walk towards me.

"Leave her alone!", Minho said.

Newt grabbed Minho's arms and pushed him up against the cot. He looked into Minho's eyes. He had a scowl on his face. Newt lifted up his fist as if he was about to punch Minho in the face. But, in the nick of time, Stella's soft voice appeared.

"Violet ', she said so delicately it was frightening.

I rushed towards her.

Newt let go of Minho's arm. He ran towards Stella.

She got up and hugged me and then, after a long period, hugged Newt. "Never letting you out of my sight".

Minho coughed. Stella let go of Newt's arms.