Chapter 4: Must Get Out Of Here

When we get to that wall up ahead, slide under the patch of ivy. We all nodded our heads at Minho's plan; he was an experienced Runner after all. 

We weren't far from the ivy when the Griever cut us off. They all stopped and considered running back. I grabbed Newts knife from his back and ran straight for the Griever.

"Wait Violet, no!", shouted Minho. I was almost there. When I got close enough, I slid under its spider like legs and cut one of them off with the knife, making him lose his balance and fall to the side. That gave everybody enough time to slide under with me, leaving the Griever shrieking in pain. As we were regaining our breath, I noticed we had entered a little room perfect enough for all of us to have our space.

"That was bloody stupid, what you did out there", Newt said

"Just be thankful I decided to save your sorry butt, ya ungrateful shank", I said in between breaths.

"God, I wasn't done yet. See what your doing to her Minho?", he smirked," It was stupid but, it was the smartest thing you've done so far. Nice job Greenie."

I felt proud almost. I was finally one of them. I turned to Stella who had her back rested against the one of the walls, she had delicate tears falling down her rosy cheeks.

"Peaches what's wrong?", I asked her.

"Peaches ...what's that supposed to be?", she asked with a sniff

"I think peaches were my favorite fruit. It's what I'm calling you." She smiled and opened her arms up for a hug. I sat down on the floor with her and stroked her light brown hair.

"I want to know more about this place. I want to know what's so important about us being here ,that we can't go home." She dug her face into my shoulder and I could feel her tears soaking my shirt.

"We have time for an explanation, I suppose", Newt said looking at Minho. He sat on the other side of Stella and Minho positioned himself next to me.