Chapter 12: Infinity

I felt someone tugging me, cautiously pulling me up. Everything was blurry and my head was pounding extremely hard. I couldn't feel my body as well as I couldn't move. Someone else was next to me and I knew it was Stella. I then remembered that we were hanging upside down. I tried to look up or at least tried to fling my arms up to the person that was pulling me up, but I couldn't get my brain to operate my limbs.

"Violet! You're awake."

I couldn't quite see who had spoken to me and my head was still pounding.

"We're gonna get you guys down. Newt is trying to untie your sister. It's Minho by the way." Even though I couldn't see his face I could hear the smile in his voice. There was only a hint of sun left, the kind that you could only see if you were on top of the wall. Everybody down below was getting ready to build a fire. Up here we had a blazing fire of our own, so hot it threatened to burn our skin and blind our sight.

Minho had gotten me out of the ivy and had laid me down on top of the wall. He sat on the edge by my feet waiting for Newt to untie Stella. I couldn't believe the wall was thick enough for me to lay down and for Minho to sit. Even though I was a prisoner in this place, I found it amazing how someone could build such a place with this magnificent wall. There was something so odd about the sky, although I couldn't figure it out. It was blue and cloud-filled like every sky should be. However, it seemed a bit pale, and the weather was always the same.

Finally, Newt untied Stella and grabbed her waist. ¨She has to get down right now. She is overheating.¨, Newt yelled.