Chapter 11: A Secret

Minho was losing his patience. Ben wasn't making sense.

"You guys can't go up there; you are too valuable to the Glade"

"What other option do we have. They could fall any minute if the ivy isn't strong enough.", Minho said his voice drenched with annoyance.

"You can't go! What do I have to say to get it through to your shuck brain? Besides, they've caused nothing but trouble"

"So you're just gonna let them die?", Minho asked, not believing what he was hearing.

"Maybe that would be best"

Minho was about to lounge at Ben, but Newt stopped him before he could hurt Ben. Newt did want Minho to give Ben a bloody punch to the face, however, that was not the way to solve an argument.

"Ben, you're not the only one. If Minho wants to go, let him. Besides what if those girls are the answer to this buggin' Maze. They already survived twice! Twice more than anybody else. So I give him permission.", Newt said.

"If this whole place ends up burning down, you'll burn with it. Now go before the gates close on ya."

And with that Ben walked away.

Newt and Minho were left alone with Thomas and Chuck.

"Are you guys really going up there?", Chuck asked.

"That would be the only way to get them down", Thomas said as he marveled at the height of the wall.

"Or we could wait until they fall to their death as Ben suggested", Minho said with a snarl.

"Relax buddy. We'll get 'em down. One way or another." Newt prayed that he was right.