Chapter 3: The Memory (Part 2)

"What are runners?", I asked him.

"They explore the Maze every day. Looking for a way out. We haven't found anything for two shucking years."

"Those idiots don't know how to solve a simple Maze. Even Violet could solve that shucking Maze!", Stella yelled, making me cringe.

"Oh yeah, I wanna see her try", said an unfamiliar voice.

Stella and I turned around to stand face to face with an Asian boy. His hair was combed and he wore a serious expression. He was handsome in a way.

Newt who is he?, I asked.

That would be Minho. Keeper of the Runners.

Shuck me, Stella said.

I was first to speak, "So are you just gonna stand there like an idiot, or are you going to tell us your name?"

"I could", he started, "or you could continue to call me an idiot"

He crossed his arms and smirked, making me blush. I shot a glare at Stella who responded with an apologetic glance.

"I'm just joking with ya. The names Minho, Keeper of the Runners" He winked at me.

How cute. But I already knew both of those things. Now I know he is also a bit creepy.

It was like throwing my words at Newt and Stella. Who knew if they even heard my thoughts? They did because Newt smirked at me and Stella giggled.

"So are there other Runners besides you?", asked Stella, pretending to be amazed.

"Yeah. Ben is a Runner and there's Thomas. Thomas was the Greenie a month ago. Such a crazy dude. Hey Thomas, come meet the Greenies!"

A boy with short brown hair and matching colored eyes walked over. He was tall and strong, good looking too. He almost reminded me of Stella.

"Hey, I'm Thomas" He took out his hand and we both shook it.

"I'm Violet and this is Stella. Heard your a Runner"

"Yeah. Tough job if you asked me. I'm still trying not to throw up after an hour of constant running", he laughed and I followed.

This shank isn't as creepy as that Minho dude, Stella said.

Creepy? I'm not creepy? Wait. Oh, my shucking-!

All five of us stood there in shock. We had all heard what Minho and Stella had thought. We all had telepathic abilities. That's when I remembered my dream. No longer a dream but a memory. I had to fight the urge to scream, this wasn't real.

Guys, I think I'm gonna be sick.

They all turned to look at me, concern on all their faces.

I know why we can do this..thing.

WICKED. The memory came back to me last night.