Chapter 8: The Boycott Club

"I say we banish them. If not at least one of them." Ben got approving screams from some of the Gladers.

Guys, If they chose to banish us, I will go.

Stella, there is no way I'm letting you do that, Newt responded.

Newt say something your Second-in-Command!, Thomas pleaded

Minho stayed quiet, for once.

"Ben, although they did break the rules, we can't do that to them. I say one week in the Slammer."

I couldn't let Stella suffer so much. We would both go crazy in that Slammer thing. Thomas was about to say something but I cut him off, "Banish me, do whatever you want with me, but leave Stella alone. Give her one night in the Slammer, maximum."

Minho finally burst, "Violet, you can't be serious. You only killed one Griever and you think you're invincible?"

"Slim it, Minho-"

"No, Violet. I don't wanna watch my friend get banished."

"I wasn't done yet! No respect. You banish me, but if I make it back you make me a Runner"

The room went silent, and Minho stopped in his tracks. He smirked, proud that I had outsmarted Ben.

"What do you say to that, Ben? Make the lady happy." Minho said enjoying the scene.

"Fine. But just in case you don't make it back I suggest you say your goodbye's. This meeting is over, back to work! Banishment at dusk." Everyone walked out until Thomas, Newt, Minho, Stella, Chuck, and I were the only ones left in the Homestead.

Thomas walked over and pulled me into a hug. That was enough to pull everyone back into reality. Newt was first to speak.

"Why would you sacrifice yourself? There's a slight chance you'll make it back! First you run into the maze, you kill a Griever, now this? I don't know if you're brave or bloody stupid."

"I just wanted Stella to be safe." That was the plain truth. I wasn't looking for fame or heroism.

"I'm still trying to process the fact that you killed a Griever!", Chuck said, his eyes full of awe. Thomas agreed with him.

"My sister's a badass. Always was, just to protect me", Stella's voice was a mere whisper. I walked over to her a hugged her so tight, I thought I might hurt her in her delicate state.

"Sisters?", Thomas asked, quite baffled.

"They could be", Newt started, "both are pretty and determined. Not to mention intelligent. But they don't look that much alike. Violet's hair is darker and wavy and Stella's is straight. Violets also taller with hazel eyes. Stella's eyes are a beautiful shade of sea green." He winked at Stella, who was trying not to blush. Everyone rolled their eyes.

"We also had the same dream.", I added.

"You mean a memory-dream?", Chuck asked. I nodded.

"And you didn't even get stung by a Griever! Wish it was that easy to remember. I want to know who my parents were"

He sounded so miserable for a kid that young. I made it my mission to protect Chuck too.