Chapter 8: The Boycott Club

"Don't worry Chuck. I will make it back tomorrow, become a runner, and get us out of this hellhole. You will get to see your parents. That's a promise."

"But what if you don't come back?"

I pulled him into a hug and he started to sob.

"Stella take him to our hut, tuck him into my hammock. You guys go get rest, love you both."

"What about you? Aren't you going to sleep?", Stella asked, already taking chuck to our hut.

"No, I have to explain things. And Minho has to give me pointers on how to survive out there. They all promised to help" I turned to the boys who nodded in response.

"If she dies, I'm blaming all you shanks!', Stella shouted with a smirk. The boys gulped but laughed off the warning.

"For the last time, I'm not going to die", I grumbled. So much for a confidence boost. I ran to the Map Room, letting out all my anger. Pretty soon all three boys were inside with me.

"Okay let's get this started", Minho said. "You should explain your dream first, princess."

"Don't call me that right now, please." I was on the verge of tears. Newt could sense my pain and nudged Minho in the arm.

I started to explain, "In our memory, we were in a field of wheat. We were talking about WCKD, for some reason we knew about the maze. I promised I wouldn't forget her. Then my dream ended. It was so peaceful, and quiet."

"Did it mention why you knew about WCKD?", Newt asked with curiosity.

"No, unfortunately, it didn't. It did mention that we had a brother, but no name or identity."

"So you're sisters", Thomas started, "I don't know if that makes your situation worse or better?"

"Worse! I could actually die. I could lose her, she could lose me. Then what would she do, surrounded by shanks who ask stupid questions? She's depending on me to get back. What will you do if I don't, huh?" Thomas stepped back, I didn't stop screaming.

"I want to go home. I keep hoping that when I wake up this will all be a shuck nightmare. I'm losing it, Thomas, losing it!"

They were all looking at me with shocked expressions. I was breathing heavily, trying to hide my sobs but they were palpable.

"We should tell her what we know about the Maze", Newt said wanting to change the conversation.

"Good that", Thomas said, shifting uncomfortably.

Thanks for not giving me pity, Newt, I thanked him privately.

I know how it feels like when people give you pity. Makes ya feel worse.

Well, thanks. You're not that bad, Newt

Yeah, yeah. Now shush, we don't need anyone to collapse again

"This is where we are, The glade", Minho said pointing to the large circle in the middle of the mini- stick maze.

"There you turn left, right, left...", Minho explained every turn that I had to take in order to get to a high enough shelter, on top of one of the maze's metal wall.