Chapter 4: Must Get Out Here

Stella and I were awaken by Thomas.

"Being tired isn't an excuse to miss today's, oh so lovely, meeting."

"Is Newt still livid?", I asked, cringing at the memory. What had made him outburst like that? It wasn't our fault we had been sent here. We were as confused and scared as he was.

"Newt has been through a lot", Minho responded. Stella had already walked out, following Thomas to the Map Room.

"We all have Minho! What's his excuse?"

He looked at me like deciding whether he could trust me with this sensitive information. He didn't say it directly at me incase someone was listening.

He jumped off the walls, Violet. Tried to shucking kill himself. He failed but succeeded at breaking his leg. It's like he was throwing his words at me, only at me. Realization hit me.

Is that why he limps?, I asked Minho.

Yes.

You have to promise me that you won't tell Stella. Not yet. She looks sensitive and I'm watching out for her.

"I promise", He said. I knew ,suddenly, that I trusted Minho. We just stood there, in awkward silence, until Newt walked up.

I don't know is he's still angry so maybe you should ask, Minho said.

I was perplexed at how Newt couldn't hear his thoughts yet we were 5 feet apart. A thought entered my mind. I didn't have time to ask this shank if he was going to throw a tantrum.

"Guys um, we have to go to the Map Room, like um, NOW!" They heard how eager I was and lead me happily to the Map Room. As soon as I got there I closed the door and I started pacing the room. I was a nervous wreck.

"Woah, Violet, calm down!", Minho said grabbing my shoulder.

"No! How to explain this? Oh just follow along okay?"

I then grabbed Minho by the shoulders and spoke to him telepathically.

About earlier, I know I can trust you. And you're not as creepy as I thought before.

He smirked in response and let out a chuckle.

"What's so shucking funny Minho?", Newt asked irritated.

Then Minho's eyebrows raised in realization.