Chapter 12: Infinity

Minho couldn't be Minho without being cocky, the same way a maze couldn't be a maze without walls.

On my way to see Stella and Newt, I noticed some of the Gladers were giving me death glares. I was about to say something when Minho came and grabbed my waist making me yelp.

"Back to work people, no need to stare at the lady."

Because I already called dibs.

"Are you here for me to punch you or are you going to tell me why everybody's staring at me like I put 'em here."

"They don't believe you and Stella deserve a second chance. They don't hate you, they're just a bit skeptical."

"And are you supposed to be my personal bodyguard?"

"You never know princess. Besides I know you love my company"

He grabbed my hand and that's what made all the staring stop so I let it slide.

We walked to Newts' hut where we found Stella drinking water and Newt making conversation with her. Newt said something and she started laughing, a sound that made me smile.

Minho and I walked in and both of them gawked at the site.

"Did you guys see a Grievers ghost? Hello, you guys okay?"

They looked down at our interlocked hands and back at us with disbelief.

I tried to let go but Minho held on tight. He send me a smirk as if to say, This is your revenge.

He pulled me in so that we were hugging close enough for me to feel his beating heart. He kissed the top of my head for extra effect and turned me around in a circle.

"See ya later princess", he said before walking out.

I didn't know wether to faint or scream. Minho knew how to drive a girl crazy.

"I don't know what that was, but I'm guessing you guys are a thing?", Stella asked, her eyes wide.

I blushed until my entire face felt hot, "We are not a thing. I mean...That was a um, friendly-ish kiss. No big deal, no big deal at all."

She looked at Newt and he shrugged not sure what to make of the whole situation.

At that moment Chuck walked in panting, which indicated he had been running.

"Why didn't you tell me you and Minho were a thing?", He said while looking at me.

"He told you that?"

"He told everybody that.", He said matter-of-factly.

"He did what!"

Stupid revenge!

"It might be the reason why Thomas is fighting him."