Chapter 13: New Member

"A few more rules", Minho said.

"All you guys know are rules. Yet where has that gotten you?", I asked while twirling my hair. All the boys looked down.

"Are you guys sure you looked everywhere?", I asked returning to the table where the map was.

"Minho and Thomas have ran through every possible way", Newt said slamming down his fists.

"Your thinking something", Ben said, looking intently at me.

Everyone was looking at me.

What if this isn't really a Maze? They just laid it out like that to make you think it was a Maze."

"What are you saying?", Minho asked, looking me dead in the eye.

"I'm saying that maybe the exit isn't just a straight walk out of here. The Creators obviously don't play by the rules, so why would they create a maze without an exit? Because it's a puzzle."

"So what you're saying is that we need to look for something hidden", Ben said his face brightened.

"Why didn't we think about that before", Newt said totally awed.

"Because", I started, " I wasn't here before."

I looked at Ben and he was staring at me with a stern expression, concentrated.

I was there. I saw you in the Changing, I can do what you do.

"How did you do that?", I asked Ben. I stumbled backward, confused.

"Violet, what now?", Minho asked smirking.

"He can do it too. He has telepathic abilities", I pointed to Ben in a accusing manner. That's how he knew I was talking to Minho. He overheard.

Everyone looked at Ben. This was getting weirder by the second.

"You, you said you saw me in the Changing. W-what does that mean?"

Minho, Newt and Thomas all looked at each other.

"Now things make more sense", Minho said shaking his head.

"What?", I asked waiting for an explanation.

"Two months ago, when Thomas was a Greenie, he went through the Changing. The Changing is when you get stung by a Griever, there is a cure however or else his dumbass would be dead", Minho said playfully punching Thomas.