Chapter 3: The Memory (Part 1)

I was in a room, a sort of laboratory by the looks of it.

Stella was there along with two other girls and five boys. Stella looked different,younger. We all were just kids,scared and confused. Then a lady walked in. Her name was Mary, I remembered. "We have to make this lesson quick I have a staff meeting today."

"What are we doin' here exactly ma'am?", a little boy said. I would remember that voice anywhere. Newt.

"Your going to learn how to speak telepathically, or so I hope. The first step to taking down WICKED."

I woke up with a headache. Ugh, you have a headache too? Stella's voice made me jump. It was going to be hard to adjust to this.

Yeah and a weird dream.

This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?

Someone woke up cranky.

Oh, shut up. Here comes Newt block it out!

"Good morning Greenies. Ready to get your questions answered?"

"I would've preferred for all my questions to be answered yesterday. Today will have to do", I said with a huff.

First answer this: How can we speak telepathically? , I asked him.

"Look I don't know. But stop it's creeping me out"

"Okay. So what do we do now?" this time it was Stella.

"Oh, we're not done. I still have things to say."

Make it quick Newt. You're wasting my oh so precious time.

Stella zip it unless you want to go to the Slammer.

You better listen to him Stella, he's scaaryy.

You two are so funny. However, that wouldn't help against the Grievers.

"What are Grievers, Newt?", Stella asked.

"They're nasty creatures that live inside that buggin' Maze. And if the runners don't make it back before those doors close, well they will never be able to tell you their story."

"What are runners?