Chapter 4

"D-Detective Kim?"

"What are you doing here alone?"

Battling her eyelashes in disbelief, feeling her heart beating so rapidly it makes her feel like her oxygen supply has been cut rending her breathless. She looks up to him, catching his sharp eyes looking at her straight despite the dim surrounding.

 She looks up to him, catching his sharp eyes looking at her straight despite the dim surrounding

"Miss,why are you here? It's dangerous for you to be here alone". He said it again, sternly but softly.

"I am—"

"Nana!!! Mom! Nana is here!!"

Both of them jumped to the sudden high-pitched voice of a little girl coming not far from of them. Taehyung turned to look at the little girl running towards them, her short wavy hair bouncing as she waves while giggling. He looks at her for a few seconds before turning to look at Nana with a confused pair of eyes.

"Nana! You are here! Let's go!", the kid quickly reached for her hands, pulling her. " I have been waiting for youuuuu!!!"

Nana couldn't even explain herself when the little kid just pulled her all the way to her little house  at the corner of the street , leaving Taehyung standing at his spot looking ultimately lost. Nana glanced over her shoulder to check on Taehyung but then the girl was walking too fast, pulling her hands with her making her unable to say anything.

"Haru, walk slowly!", Nana laughs to herself when Haru suddenly tripped but then she quickly regained her balance the moment they arrived at her small house. The wooden gate is ajar when they arrived and there is a woman waiting there, smiling sweetly as she watches both of the girls.

"Nana, you're here". The petite lady greets her with the most beautiful smile, her eyes gleaming with so much clarity. "I am sorry but Haru has been asking me about you the whole day. Told her you will come right after work"

"I am worried you wouldn't come", Haru pouts as she hugs Nana's legs, looking up her with her sparkly doe eyes. "I miss you"

Nana lets out a soft sigh, smiling as she bends her knees, squatting, so that she could level her eyes with the small 5-year-old kid she loves so dearly. Haru is such an adorable little girl, her wavy hair framing her round face, her doe eyes following exactly like her beautiful mother's eyes and most importantly, her angelic smile that reminds her of Haru's late father.

"Haru", she calls her softly, taking her cute little hands into hers. "I have made a promise to visit you every Monday. It's a promise and I will never break that. I love you, do you know that?"

Haru's tiny pout gradually disappears as she jumps onto Nana for a hug, making both Nana and her mom breaks into a very gentle laugh as they look at her. Haru is just so lovable to both of them.