Chapter 7

Taehyung throws his phone onto the bed after talking to his one and only little sister, Gyuri. His sister drives him crazy sometimes, going out at night and forgetting to tell him her whereabout. With all the recent cases around the neighbourhood, he gets anxious whenever she doesn't reply his texts. He has to admit that he is just paranoid, being over-protective of her. But his job has made him like this. He handled countless cases of abduction, harassment and sometimes, murder cases too.

He witnessed it all and the last thing he ever wanted is for it to happen to his one and only sibling. He loves his sister more than anything, not matter how bad their quarrel could ever be—she is still his sister. They are just 4 years apart thus they are really close. Gyuri is sometimes his best friend, giving advice, helping him with his clothes shopping, suggesting hairstyles and many more. He loves having her around but then, ever since she entered her final year of studies, they had spent lesser time together.

Gyuri is in her final year of her studies at a university not far from home. She lives with their parents while Taehyung moved out right after landing a job. Gyuri loves fashion so so much, thus she pursued her dream course right after graduating high school. While Taehyung, he took a different turn.

Taehyung studied Contemporary Literature focusing on the Asian literature for 4 years at the same university. He dreamed of being a writer one day, and he even planned to pursue his dream. He loves reading books, any kinds, and he loves learning about books. His initial dream was to pursue a profession that would actualize his best traits, be it a teacher, a linguistic expert or a literature researcher. But not until an incident a year after his graduation, that sparked his inner dream of being someone that keeps peace.

And that made him want to be a police officer.

Taehyung 🤡

Be home by 10 pm, or I will find you🙂

Gyuri :

You are so annoying. I am already home. Are you happy now????

Taehyung🤡:

I can finally sleep. Lock the doors. Make sure you let our parents know you're home. And don't sneak out.

Gyuri :

Get a girlfriend!!!!! Stop nosing into my lifeeeee😴😴😴😴

Taehyung shakes his head as he finally placed the phone on the nightstand properly, rolling to his back. Feeling so relieved that he is finally on bed after a long tiring day of work at the police station. The team has been on a tight schedule, finding leads to the recent cases of break ins. It has been too frequent that it seems unusual to the eyes of the public. He thinks about it every night before going to sleep. On certain nights, he couldn't even get to sleep.

-

"Nana, there's another paper bag", Jihyo points at the post-box, perking a smirk as she turns to Nana. "This guy must really like you to be doing this every single day. Just show yourself, you coward"

Nana looks at the paper bag, not knowing how to feel nor what to feel as she thinks of the mysterious person that has been giving her these. True that she feels happy receiving a surprise every single day without fail, but now she feels frustrated. She wants to know who the person is and why this person has been doing this to her.

"I wish this person would just show up". She takes the paper bag, peeking inside and her eyes widened when she saw something new in the paper bag. She quickly takes out the small cylinder-shaped bottle, twirling it around as she holds it between her fingers.