Chapter 19

"Such a small world isn't it!", Nana's father gently taps on Taehyung's back as they sit at the couch, enjoying the sweet warm apple tea she just prepared for them. "I had no idea both of you are friends!"

Her father lets out a loud chuckle as he reaches for another small cream puff, puffing one into his mouth while offering one to Taehyung. Whilst Nana has been sighing to herself, still confused how Taehyung is here in her house and also, how he befriended her father.

"Father, you're eating a lot", she scoffs under her breathe, rolling her eyes when her fathers winked at her, pouting playfully when he puffed another cream puff into his mouth.

"Na Young,  how did you get to know Tae?"

Tae?

Wait, he calls him Tae? Are they that close to be calling him like that? What goes on?

"How did you get to know Detective Kim?"

"He's my apprentice", her father answered nonchalantly as he turns to Nana, nodding his head at the same time. "Remember I told you about the little kid? The one I saw when I was on the run? It's Tae"

"Wait, you told me he was a little kid—how—wait what?"

Taehyung could only smile to himself as he watches both the daughter and the father explaining to each other about the term of 'little kid'. Apparently, Inspector Shin, Nana's father, claims that Taehyung was a little kid when they first met but certainly, it was just a literal metaphor. He wasn't exactly a little kid when he first saw Inspector Shin's heroic act when he was chasing after a pickpocket at a mall many years ago.

Inspector Shin is very dear to him, and he looks up to him almost like a father figure. When he first talked to him after bumping into him in street, he didn't think twice about confessing about how he found him very heroic and cool. Inspector Shin was friendly thus he invited him for lunch and they end up spending the entire 3 hours together. Taehyung remembered how he listened attentively to every story Inspector Shin shared about his job—everything.

Seeing how respectable Inspector Shin is, and how he is firm with his life principles—it has inspired him.

"Tae is like a son to me. That's why I call him a little kid. I still remember his hair when I first met him. It was like a helmet"

"A—what?"

"Inspector Shin, you're exposing me", he jokes, making Nana chuckles lightly

"Inspector Shin, you're exposing me", he jokes, making Nana chuckles lightly. "I was supposed to look cool in front of your daughter"

"Don't worry, you will always look cool despite that hair", Nana's father lets out a teasing laugh, which makes both of them laugh due to his very funny laughter.