Chapter 24

"D-Detective Kim?"

"It's quite late. Why are you here alone...?"

"I-I was just...taking some air". Nana rubs both her palms, feeling the sudden chilly weather  realizing that she forgot her gloves. "Please have a sit, Detective Kim", she says while scooting to the side.

"You look troubled. Is everything alright ?"

Nana nervously lets out a laugh, feeling herself stiffen when he finally sits beside her. The wooden bench is not that big, enough for two but still, sitting side by side with Detective Kim makes her feel anxious.

"I just want to throw myself"

"Did something happen?"

Nana stares at the empty road in front of her, sighing as she pressed her cold lips. "Just some things...weird things..."

Taehyung eyes her from the corner of his eyes, sensing the tense on her shoulders as she sits there. Her face looks lost, as if her mind is elsewhere but with her body. As much as he wants to ask about it, he really needs to refrain for coming out too strong. Thus, he kept in line, avoiding from asking any further about it.

"I find it funny", Taehyung chuckles to himself, rubbing his forehead with his thumb and index finger

"Funny?"

"We keep bumping into each other like this. Late at night at a convenience store. I find it very funny"

Nana stares at him, confused at his sudden exclamation but then she finds herself blushing at the sight of him smiling to himself. He looks so charming in that black shirt and brown coat that fits him perfectly. Everything about him is just so attractive but tonight, he looks somehow different. He looks tired but somehow, there's a sparkle in that pair of sharp eyes.

"Detective Kim, are you always off work this late?"

"Yes", he lets out a long sigh. "Sometimes later than this"