Chapter 35

"Taehyung-ah, where do you think we should go for our romantic whatsoever couple getaway?"

A lady suddenly pulls his shoulder, turning him to look at her as she scrolls her phone in one hand. She didn't realize Nana standing there at first, but then she finally looks up when Taehyung didn't respond to her.

Wait, did the lady just ask him where they should go for a romantic getaway....? Did she hear that right...?

"Oh! Oh my god, I am sorry! I didn't see you there. Was I interrupting something?", she bows quickly, apologizing for her lack of manners butting into their conversation. "Please, proceed with your –wait, Taehyung, I don't think I have seen her before? Is this your colleague too ?"

Taehyung lets out a cough—a nervous one—as he turns to look at Nana. He was about to introduce them, but the blazing ringing sound of the lady's phone halted his intention, making both of them turn to the lady.

"I have to take this call. Please carry on!", she excused herself, leaving Taehyung and Nana alone.

Nana watches as the lady moves a few steps away from them, nodding and shaking her head while talking on the phone. Her eyes then shift to Taehyung, flinching when he was looking at her.

She couldn't find the words to be said at that second, feeling a subtle awkwardness engulfing the cold tensed air between them

She couldn't find the words to be said at that second, feeling a subtle awkwardness engulfing the cold tensed air between them. It feels like he could see right through her current emotions—confused and heartbroken. Suddenly feeling so vulnerable she could break into pieces and he is about to witness it. Time moves so slow, making everything more painful as she stands there. It feels like forever of them staring at each other, none having the guts to break the ice.

Her heart suddenly feels empty, hallow, the beating begins to slow down in contrast to the aching twist building on her chest sucking her oxygen supply. She needs to leave before her emotions exposes her. She needs to do something.

"I'll make a move first, Detective Kim. Please enjoy your night", bowing quickly, giving no space for Taehyung to even speak.

Nana turns around, walking away calmly yet quickly wanting to avoid from Taehyung asking her anymore questions. The only thing she wanted to do now is go home and rest. She doesn't want to think of anything anymore. Her brain is worn out, body is drained, and  just mentally exhausted. Her mind has been overthinking since morning, her thoughts are like a huge turbulance amidst a giant whirlpool.

She didn't look elsewhere but straight ahead as she walks home. Finally, in her own room, she leans on the door as she calmly breathes in and out, snapping out of her trance.

Her tired eyes aimlessly stare at her dark room, seeing nothing but only her thoughts on display. And her mind finally popped the question, the one she has been avoiding to ask herself since bumping into Taehyung. Her breathing become rapid, too heavy as if it takes every energy left in her soul to keep herself standing. One question after another popping in her numbing thoughts, almost paralyzing her every nerves.

Who was that lady? Detective Kim's girlfriend....?

-

"How are you sure about it?"

"They talked about going for a getaway together"

Nana sighs as she sits on the floor behind the counter, looking over her shoulder but then she couldn't see anything with the table towering her. Jihyo is at the other end of the bookstore, wiping the shelves as they talk. Nana has been telling her about last night's event, trying to convince Jihyo that there is no possibility of Taehyung being single now.

"Still, how are you so sure abou—"

"Good Lord, I saw him with that lady. Why are you not listening?". She slams the book harder than intended, making a loud thumping sound echoes in the quite bookstore. "I am about to explode"

"But JK told me he is not dating anyone...?"

"I dont know. Why should I care anyway. It was just a dumb crush" , Nana mumbles to herself, unsure about her own words.

"I am going up to get the books. And stop thinking about Detective Kim or I will have to do another ted talk for you", Jihyo's voice sounds faint as she climbs the stairs all the way to the second floor. "I can still hear you here, so you better not mumble nonsense"

Shrugging her shoulders, sighing and sighing as she lazily   grabs the black marker that has been laying on the floor and starts labelling the boxes. Sitting still on the wooden floor, her fingers working on the writings but her mind drifting to last night's event.

"This shit is really eating me alive", she gave up writing, throwing the marker in anger making it roll under the table.

Nana stares at the marker, and then to the undone boxes in front of her as she calms herself. She feels mad at herself for being sad over nothing. She couldn't sleep last night, disturbing thoughts and the images of Taehyung and that lady lingers in her head. Knowing she has no rights to be jealous nor envy of the lady, but she has feelings. And she is terribly disappointed at herself.

Why is she even mad? She is the one who didn't do anything about her feelings towards Detective Kim. She did nothing but watch him from afar, not even trying to take the first step. She thought things are finally progressing, both of them getting comfortable with each other. Turns out that it could be just her dumbly enjoying everything one-sidedly.

Does she like Detective Kim? To what extend does she like him? A mere crush? Or she has developed a major attraction towards him? Why is she awake at some nights thinking about him? Why is she feeling that slight jealousy when she saw that woman? What right does she have to feel things like this?

"Let's get this shit done"

Nana abruptly gets up fast, accidentally hitting her shoulder hard under the table making her fall back onto the floor, groaning in pain.

"Why is this table here!!?"

"Are you okay?"

Startled to the sound of a deep manly voice, she looks up swiftly to find Taehyung standing at the other side of the table, looking at her with a worried expression.

Out of people, why is he here so early in the morning

Out of people, why is he here so early in the morning....?

~~~~

NOTE

hello everyone! here is a short update! I am sorry this is quite short and maybe feels like a filler sksksksk. I'll write better for the upcoming chapter ! Thank you for readingggg