Chapter 16

Nana looks at the paper bag on the post box, pursing her lips into a pout as she lets out another sigh. She couldn't help but to feel so furious whenever she couldn't catch the person whom has been leaving her this every single day without fail. She thought she had come early today,15 minutes earlier than her usual time but she missed the person again. It's like no matter how early she arrives, that person will always be ahead of her.

"You're stressing me out". Sighing again as she reached for the paper bag, peeking inside as one hand fished the usual folded note. "Another note. Of course"

"Good Morning Nana,

It's finally Friday again, I hope you'll have a great day at work. Truthfully, I really wanted to talk to you but I just couldn't. let's hope that day will come soon. Have a good day and I hope everything goes well today ! "

Unconsciously, she curves a smile feeling her mood suddenly lighten up reading the short note from the mysterious person. How is that this person, no matter how short is the note, it still works like magic on her? As if the words are penned down with the intention of assuring her that she will get through the day despite any circumstances.

"You should just come and talk to me. I don't eat people"

Nana quickly folds the note and place it back into the paper bag before searching for the keys to the bookstore. She managed to get it settled in less than 5 minutes even without the help of Jihyo and she is so glad everything went smooth. Apparently Jihyo called in sick thus she will be alone in the bookstore today, having to manage everything on her own.

Not that she had never done it before but ever since these past few days, the bookstore seems to be receiving a larger number of customers. Thus, the owner has asked her to find a friend or anyone she knows that can work there permanently, joining Jihyo and her. It would be great to finally have another staff working alongside both of them, their work could be lessened with another manpower.

"Good Morning"

The voice startled her, making her look up from the spot she is crouching in order to switch the computer on, her big eyes staring at the figure standing at the other side of the table.

"G-Good Morning"

"I am sorry if I scared you", Taehyung said apologetically, bowing slightly as he watches Nana getting on her feet, her apron still loose around her waist

"N-No, no, not at all. Is there anything I can help you with, Detective Kim?"

To be honest, her heart needs help. She almost lost grip on herself at the sight of him looking so insanely handsome so early in the morning. His perfectly gelled black hair exposing his forehead, his black turtleneck fitting his broad and lean body perfectly matched with a black jacket and to add, that perfect fit of the black jeans on him—such a perfect body ratio.