Chapter 8

Nana whom were feeling a tad bit sleepy suddenly feels awaken as jolt of electricity waves their way into her veins when she meets Taehyung's big eyes. She swore her heart skipped a beat, then, starts beating so heavily it is almost painful for a few seconds. Her eyes wander to Namjoon as she composes herself, standing up steadily and also, struggling to appear cool.

"Good Evening, Detective Kim and....." her voice trails off as she turns to Namjoon.

"Please call me Namjoon", he flashed a wide grin, bowing slightly to her.

"Detective Namjoon"

Taehyung realized he had been staring at her the entire time thus he quickly lets out cough—a very nervous cough—as he straightens his back. Well, that's the only thing he could do to appear calm despite his heart pounding like a sledgehammer.

 Well, that's the only thing he could do to appear calm despite his heart pounding like a sledgehammer

"Nana, are you waiting for someone here? W-Why are you here?"

"Oh, I am actually— wait, I was supposed to wait for Mister Jung? He asked me to wait at his table for a while"

"Mister Jung?". Taehyung arched an eyebrow, turning to Namjoon confusedly.

"Jung Hoseok... or something like that. He took my statement just now and asked me to wait here at his table"

A low gasped fall from Namjoon's lips when he heard Hoseok's name. He recalls Hoseok mentioning about the person who saved Gyuri, is waiting for him at his table. He too mentioned that the person name is Shin but he couldn't really catch the entire name due to the crowd bustling around him.

"Sorry but...is your name S-Shin...?" Namjoon asked, half in doubt and half in surprise.

"Shin...? Oh—my name is Shin Na Young. Shin is my surname". She answered nonchalantly, curving a dry smile realizing that both of them had a very unreadable look on their faces. "Why...?"

"Nana, are you saying...you're the one who saved the girl?". It was a very hard question to start with thus it came out almost strained as he tries to find his voice. Taehyung stands still, almost at the verge of being frantic that his sister was attacked and now, Nana is here in front of him. What a turn of events indeed.