Chapter 13

"I want to see you too"

Her words were cut off when Namjoon suddenly said that, making her entire body react to the sweet smile of his. She feels clueless of his ambiguous remark, not knowing the meaning of it. But, it is a lie if she doesn't like feel a slight attraction towards the man standing in front of her. Someone that looks like Namjoon—everyone would be swoon over him.

"You want to see me?", she lets out a nervous cough. "Why do you want see me?

"So that we can have early dinner together

"So that we can have early dinner together. With Haru"

MinJung looks at him weirdly this time, feeling the sudden ball of emotions at the back of her head sending mix signals. Why would he want to come here and meet her? And he even bought dinner? For Haru and her? Is he being nice?

"Namjoon, you're very kind. But I feel so uncomfortable if you—"

"No, I really want to see Haru too. I have been missing her. I am sorry I couldn't text you beforehand"

MinJung stays silent as she watches Namjoon putting down the plastic bags beside his feet, and then slowly fishing out his phone out of his jacket's pocket.

"So, why don't you give me your number so that I can text you before I come?"

Now, that's unexpected.

-

Nana :

WHAT?? NAMJOON? THAT DETECTIVE ??? 🤨

Minjung :

He showed up in front of my door when I just came back from work. HELP ME I MAY BE A MOTHER BUT IM STILL A WOMAN AND IM NERVOUS🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Nana :

WAIT YOU'RE NERVOUS? WHY ARE YOU NERVOUS?

MinJung:

I DON'T KNOW? I DON'T KNOW!???

Nana :

So where are you right now?

MinJung :

I am in the car, his car. Going to my mother's house to fetch Haru....WHAT IS GOING ON?

Nana :

MinJung...you're sneaky woman😌

MinJung :

ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT HE SHOWED UP ASFJKSNFSKDJFSD OKAY BYE WE ARE HERE

Nana laughed to herself as she puts her phone back in pocket of her apron, turning around to check on the small crowd in the bookstore. Many school and university students sometime love to spend their time there, sitting at the wooden table as they randomly read the new books recommended at the round table, or maybe asking Jihyo or her on book suggestions for a gift. And many more.