Chapter 33

It was a random thought to go to the bookstore one hour early that day, planning to resume doing book inventory before opening the bookstore. Jihyo was already there by 6.30 am, munching on the warm red-bean bread she bought from the convenient store nearby, scrolling her phone as she walks. The street is relatively and commonly less crowded at this hour, not many, or maybe perhaps, less than 10 people could be seen walking around. It's a quite morning usually, especially as early as 6.30 am.

She came to a sudden halt when her eyes caught a sight of a guy standing right in front of the bookstore. Gulping her last bite of bread, she stealthily gets into hiding behind a big banner beside the wall of the printing shop at the corner of the shop lots. She tries to get a clearer look but, with the man's back facing hers—to no avail.

This guy looks tall, maybe at least 170 cm tall, his head almost at the same level of the door. That loose black hoodie he has on doesn't do justice to see his body proportion but that black jeans sure hugs those muscles well. This mysterious guy looks as if he works out a lot by the way that perfectly built yet lean shoulders stretches the black material around his chest.

Who is this....?

Jihyo is so confused upon seeing him standing there, his hands clasped to the front as if he is holding onto something. Suddenly, he inches closer to the bookstore's post box, his head suddenly turning to the side as if scanning the street. Jihyo quickly lowers her head, not wanting to get exposed peeping on him. She waited patiently before deciding to gather her guts and look again.

She saw the man placing something on the post box, his long fingers carefully positioning it on the metal surface before finally turning around. He looks as if he was afraid to get caught, quickly crossing the street right away heading to the opposite side. His hoodie is still on his head, giving Jihyo no chance to catch a glimpse of this man.

Could it be, he is the mysterious Post Box Guy?

Watching him crossing the street, his hands in his pockets as he heads towards the coffee shop. It surprises her to find him now standing at the door of the coffee shop, his hand fumbling into the pocket of his pants now. He took out a bunch of keys and also maybe, something that looks like a pocket size controller that is similar to the bookstore's alarm controller that she uses everyday when opening and closing the store.

The man pressed a button, making a subtle sound heard before he carefully unlocks the metal grill door of the coffee shop. As he was pushing up the shutter, his hoodie fell of his head, revealing his face. And that's the exact moment JIhyo's heart stopped.

JK....?

-

-

"Why are you spacing out?", Nana pokes Jihyo's waist, earning a soft shriek from her. "Don't tell me you're thinking about JK again?"