Chapter 26

Nana stirs the ingredients of the stew in the big pot slowly, gently scooping the soup to even out the cooking. Hearing Haru's little laugh coming from the living room, she looks over her shoulder to find Haru strolling into the small kitchen, smiling ear to ear.

"Nana, Taehyung-oppa need a tissue", she tugs on Nana's apron.

"Let me get it for you", Nana inches to the side, reaching for a couple of kitchen towels and gives them to Haru.

She watches Haru sprints to the dining table, hearing her eager voice telling Taehyung that she has found the kitchen towel. Chuckling a little recalling how the two of them was having such a great time hunting all the things she needed from the mart. Haru volunteered to find all the ingredients for the stew and insisted that she will find all of them with the help of Taehyung. Taehyung too, was more than willing to assist  thus leaving her with nothing to do but to wander around finding snacks and juices instead.

"It smells so good"

Stunned at the sudden voice, Nana turns to the side finding Taehyung peeping into the pot, inhaling the smell of the stew

Stunned at the sudden voice, Nana turns to the side finding Taehyung peeping into the pot, inhaling the smell of the stew. Shaking her head slightly, she continues stirring making sure all the meat is evenly cooked and the soup is balanced in taste. She gently scoops a little using the wooden spatula, blowing it before having a taste.

"I think this should be okay", halfway putting the spatula at the side, she turns to Taehyung. "Detective Kim, why don't you have a taste? Tell me if I need to add more salt or pepper"

Taehyung nods right away, inching closer to her reaching for the spatula from her hand. Nana moves to the side, giving him some space watching him closely as he tastes the stew. Taehyung carefully bring it closer to his mouth, blowing it so that it won't burn his tongue.

"Does is taste okay...?"

Taehyung lets out a long 'hmmm' as he placed the spatula down, tilting his head as he looks at her.

"Does it taste weird...?", Nana looks at him anxiously. "Do I need to add anything? Is there anything amiss? Did I forget to—"

"You're a good cook. A really good one. It tastes sooooo good", he praised her, showing two thumbs up as he flashed his boxy grin. "And I feel so hungry just by looking at it now"

"Well then, if that so. We can finally eat now", clapping her hand once, she smiles feeling satisfied as she looks at her perfectly cooked stew.

Nana quickly turned the heat off, reaching for the gloves wanting to lift the pot from the stove. But then, Taehyung was quicker that he took the gloves first, shaking his head at her.

"I'll bring the pot to the table. You can sit down"

His abrupt action left her feeling confused, her eyes widening as she looks at him blankly. "But I can—"