Chapter 42

"Good Morning"

Taehyung curves a small smile as he looks at Jimin, bowing slightly as a sign of respect and in return, Jimin smiles at him too. Jimin knowingly inched away from the counter, heading towards the door looking like he is about to leave when he stopped midway and turns to Nana.

"I'll get some drinks for us", winking as he said that, smirking slightly before walking out of the bookstore, leaving Taehyung and Nana alone.

Both Nana and Taehyung stares at the closed door, Jimin long gone across the street and already halfway into the coffee shop. None of them speaks, only the faint sound of the song playing in the background filling the silence between them.

"Good Morning", he turns to her, smiling politely as he keeps his hand in his coat's pocket, eyes looking straight at her. "It's a cold morning, isn't it?"

What a conversation starter

"G-Good Morning"

"Did you lose your phone?"

"W-What? No—I—no I don't"

"If you didn't lose your phone, that means, you got my text this morning", he steps forward, slowly heading towards the table where Nana stands.

In a blink of an eye, heat suddenly rushes all the way to her face, reddening her tensed cold cheeks as she tried her very best to breathe calmly

In a blink of an eye, heat suddenly rushes all the way to her face, reddening her tensed cold cheeks as she tried her very best to breathe calmly. She wouldn't want to hit her head on the table in front of him, would she. But she tried breathing slow and steady, controlling her panic attack and stood still.

"I did....but.... I have a question Detective Kim"

"Yes?"

"Why did—wait—I mean, not why. Okay, I mean why. Why did you suddenly—"

"Told you that I have fallen in love with you?", he cuts her, giving her a soft knowing look.