Chapter 43

Nana looks around the café they are in, slightly confused because there is literally nobody else except just the two of them. She has been turning her head left and right, front and back, scanning the cosy coffee shop—yes, the one across the street—for like the 100th time. She has yet to dine at the coffee shop after working hours, never crossed her mind too. But then, she begins to love the calming ambience of the coffee shop, warm orange lights gleaming the small dim space, slow music playing in the background creating just the perfect setting. The atmosphere is like a soothing elixir.

And it helps with the nerve-wrecking feeling she has now with Taehyung sitting in front of her.

"Nana, why do you look...nervous...?", he asked, baffled at her facial expression.

"N-No, I am just...confused. Why are we the only one in the coffee shop. It feels weird—never mind. I was just....thinking"

Taehyung leans back onto the comfy chair, grinning as he looks around for a while before shifting his gaze back to Nana.

"It's a date. It must be only two of us. Plus, it's out first date. We need the privacy"

First, how is this man suddenly so straightforward with his words? What happened to that Detective Kim? This is not the usual Detective Kim

First, how is this man suddenly so straightforward with his words? What happened to that Detective Kim? This is not the usual Detective Kim. This is someone else. Second, since when is this man such an excellent smooth talker?

"Are you always this straightforward?", she had to ask, chuckling as she looks at him.

"Not always, only at certain occasion"

"I see. So, are you going to answer my question?", she leans back, crossing her arms smugly. "I am waiting"

Taehyung didn't say anything as he reached to his side, looking like he's taking something from beside the chair. Nana watches as he takes a small brown paper bag and placed it on the table in front of her. Her eyes widened at the sight of that very familiar brown paper bag, feeling a sense of déjà vu. She blinked for a few times, checking with herself if she's seeing things or suddenly hallucinating. But no, the paper bag is in front of her.

"I have a lot of explanation to do. But, I guess, I'll start with this", he pushed the paper bag towards her.

"Detective Kim...what is this?"

"Post Box 3012"

Her eyes flick up at his words, heart skipping massive few beats as her mind automatically traces back to past similar events.