12 ~ My Girl

The rain had finally stopped by the time we were instructed to assemble our tents, the cold air still bitterly nipping at my skin causing goosebumps to decorate my arms, my teeth chattering like crazy as I step back watching Maya and Sam argue over what pole went where and whether or not the tent was upside down all together. I had to admit it did cheer me up for a brief moment as I watched them struggle.

"Sam you can't be serious?! It's clearly upside down you twat!" Maya yelled over at Sam who had a face like thunder as she gripped the material tightly in her fists her eyes burning through Maya's head.

"Well if you're so clever then do it your fucking self! Or get Alissa to help she's not doing anything!" She retorted dropping the tent and shooting her attention over to me as I whistled lightly and looked around at the sky pretending not to have heard her.

"Absolutely not girl." Maya laughed, coming around behind me and pushing me towards the tent causing my feet to stumble forwards. All three of our hands fiddled with the poles as we tried to work out how it fitted together, the concentration on our faces must have been priceless.

"What the fuck." Maya spoke emphasising each word as it fell from her mouth, her hands dropping the poles and she crossed her hands over her chest her eyes focused on something in the distance.

Sam and I followed her gaze to of course so none other than Michael. His tent was perfectly set up, his sleeves slightly rolled and his curls messy around his face as he bit his lip in concentration hammering in the last peg. The sight making me quite flustered as I coughed quickly trying to cover my state.

"Let's get him to do our's Sam!" Maya giggled winking to her before smirking and shouting Michael's name making him snap his head around to us immediately, his eyes scanning over all three of us and then the pile of tent on the floor making him laugh lightly to himself. My stomach flipped at the sight, turning away immediately as I watched him start to walk towards us. Great.

"Having trouble girls." He laughed as I felt him walk past and bend over to grab the poles scattered over the floor. Maya's and Sam's eyes landing on his bum as he did, making me burn with frustration and turn back round so I could see him properly too.

"Yes we need your help Sir." Sam spoke slowly, her words long and exaggerated as she winked to us, making my face flush red and my blood burn with anger. Why do I get jealous so easily?

"Yeah I can see that." He laughed standing back up, his arms stretching out to connect two metal poles, his body pushing close to mine making me jump back quickly, his face instantly frowning at my reaction.

"So sir what do you like to do on the weekends then." Maya broke the silence, her voice appearing high pitch as she rocked back on her heals twirling her hair around her finger. The sight making me feel sick to my stomach. Michael glanced at her quickly, concentration on his face as he continued to assemble our tent, a light sweat forming on his forehead causing a few curls to stick to his skin.

"I usually like to spend time with my girl." He spoke confidently, subtly turning his head towards me making me pull my gaze away immediately and look anywhere but him. Maya and Sam turned to look at eachother for a second, their flirtatious smiles falling instantly. He called me his girl?

"But actually she's refused to speak to me recently and I'm not quite sure what I've done."

His words made my heart melt and guilt rush throughout by body. I'm not even sure why I haven't spoken to him, I guess I'm just protecting myself as deep down I know he's probably using me.

"She's one lucky girl I'm sure she'll come around." Sam replied before rolling her eyes at Maya who was once again scanning up and down Michael's body.

"She sure is." Michael laughed before chewing on the side of his lip, snapping his head round to wink at me, my chest tightening instantly. He put the last section of the tent in place, his hands brushing the curls away from his face and turning back round to face the three of us. "You girls behave okay I'm going to go talk to Jake."

"Of course Mr. Jackson." Sam spoke, her smile wide across her face and Maya imitated her happiness. They spun around whipping they're hair out and started to walk into the tent leaving me and Michael standing infront of each other.

I could feel him staring at me intently as I trained my attention at my feet, circling my shoe round in the mud slightly. Slowly, I heard squelching feet walking away from me, I snapped my head up to see him, his head looking behind his shoulder at me as he went, his expression blank. I bit my lip in attempts to not cry at the fact I've ruined it everything. Maybe I always liked him more than he liked me?

"Alissa get your ass in here." Maya called from inside the tent before poking her head out and frowning as she watched me shuffling my feet in the mud. I shook my head trying to clear my mind before turning to her and smiling, she smiled back at me and pulled me into the tent.

"Sooooo... Mr. Jackson's got a girlfriend huh." Sam spat, angrily crossing her arms over her chest as she lay on the hard ground, her eyes fixed to the roof of the tent.

"So?" I retort as I pull my pyjama bottoms over my freezing legs before pulling on a pair of fluffy bed socks and crawaling under the cheap flimsy material of my sleeping bag, the feel of it against my skin making me cringe.

"I bet she's a fucking whore." Maya chimes in as she rolled onto to her side to prop herself up in her elbow, her eyes narrowing as she scrunched her face up in pure jealously as the thought of Michael touching another girl.

"Of course she is I mean I bet she's only with him for the money." Sam agreed raising her eyebrow at the two of us as she kicked her legs under the blanket in annoyance.

"Wait Mr. Jackson's rich?!" Maya's shock making Sam giggle slightly, pushing herself up onto her elbows and smirking to herself.

"Well I don't know for sure but have you seen what he wears? And Jake saw his car the other day, no one on a teachers wage could afford that." She stated, her eyes darting between myself and Maya, my gaze not meeting hers as kept it transfixed on the zip of the sleeping bag I had been fiddling with for the past 15 minutes in an attempt to distract myself from the burning anger building inside me at there accusations.

"Alissa! Snap out of it! Look if it's about Mr. Jackson having a girlfriend don't worry we've already established she's a gold digging slut." Sam laughed earning a chuckle from Maya who had tucked herself tightly under the covers only her head to be seen.

"Just shut up! You sound pathetic! Just go to fucking sleep!" I snapped, yanking at the zip for the final time practically ripping it from the material I buried myself in the sleepingbag and rolled over to face away from my Sam and Maya, I couldn't bare to hear another childish insult from them, If only they fucking knew.