42 ~ Home Sweet Home

"Michael baby you need to support her head!" I spoke across the car, Michael rolling his eyes before pushing Yana closer to his chest.

"Alissa I am! Please stop stressing." He spoke before placing her back into her car seat, pulling it from the back of the car.

After an uncomfortable few weeks in the hospital, considering the complications with the birth, we were finally able to come home. I honestly couldn't be happier.

I kissed Elijah's tiny head, his small hands grabbing forward slightly before they tucked themselves back into his blanket. I still couldn't stop staring at them, the fact these were my babies was something I couldn't get my head around. These tiny humans were my children.

"Alissa are you coming or just standing there." Michael laughed from the door making me jump. I looked back up to see he had carried in everything from the car, including Yana. I gazed down at Elijah one more time before placing him back into his car seat and carrying him over to Michael.

"Here we go, the first day of the rest of our lives." Michael's soft whisper filling my ears as he allowed his plump lips to place a comforting kiss on the top of my head.

Taking a deep breath and yet another loving glance down at Elijah's tiny swaddled body I placed the key in the door, turning it slowly and pushing it to reveal Michael's, well our, beautiful home.

"Come on let's get these little ones in the warm." He giggled, your eyes falling to Yana who laid like a tiny china doll in Michael's large arms, her tiny frame pressed against his chest and her face peaceful. Her little mouth cutely pouted as she slept soundly, as if she knew she would always be safe when she was in her fathers arms.

"Michael...I love you." I finally spoke as he pained the door close behind us, his thumb gently tracing Yana's soft cheek as he quietly cooed how much he loved her.

"I love you more Alissa." He smiled warmly, his reply causing my insides to melt just like every time he told me he loved me.

The sound of crying coming from the car seat I still held close to me interrupted us, a small giggle falling from my lips as I had a thought.

"What are you laughing at huh?" Michael questioned, his eyebrow raised as he smiled curiously at me, his hand coming to lightly cup my face.

"Just that we've only been parents for three weeks and our 'private moments' are already being interrupted." I confessed causing Michael to shake his head, chuckling as he did so. His hand snaked around my neck, pulling my face gently closer to his.

"Don't worry baby girl, daddy's still going to give you some good loving." He slowly whispered in that tone that sent shivers down my spine and turned my cheeks a deep shade of red.

As if on cue Elijah began to cry louder, Michael's head turning down to him, a small smirk tugging at the sides of his lips.

I sighed lightly, it was a sound that seemed to break my heart every tine I heard it. The sound only got louder as I followed Michael into the living room, his gaze now concerned as he looked over at me struggling to carry him in.

"Maybe our little bundles of job are getting hungry girl?" He questioned softly, running his thumb over Yana's head who still continued to sleep quietly in his arms. "Come on bring him over here."

I watched as Michael sat down with Yana on the chair, his eyes pleading quietly as he watched me carefully take Elijah out of his seat and over to Michael, who immediately sat closer to me.

"I'm scared Michael." I admitted chewing at my bottom lip slightly desperately trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall from my tired eyes.