13 ~ Unexpected

I stared at the top of the tent, the material blowing slightly in the wind allowing a cold breeze to enter through, freezing me to the core. Maya and Sam's soft snores accompanied the whistling of the wind as it whirled around the tent. I wrapped my arms tightly around myself, Michael's jumper protecting my body, his familiar scent making me miss him next to me. I like him so much and I've ruined it, he's probably thinking he's wasted his time liking me considering I've ignored him for the past few weeks and I'm not even sure why.

I sucked in air quickly, stopping the tears threatening to escape as I practically choked in the darkness. Maya stirred slightly, turning over in her sleep making me clasp my hand over my mouth suppressing any sounds. My attempts failed as I felt tears fall down my cheeks, the coldness adding to my feeling of loneliness as I quickly got out of my sleeping bag and went outside the tent so not to wake Maya and Sam.

The breeze instantly drying the tears on my face and blowing my hair behind me, my hands securely wrapped in the sleeve of his jumper and I squinted by eyes in the darkness deciding which way the toilet was.

A small speck of light cut through the darkness which I guessed was the toilet. I hurriedly tiptoed through the mud, my feet squelching making me cringe and speed up towards the light. My heart beat rapidly in the darkness and isolation of the field, my hands sweating profusely under my sleeves.

I calmed down slightly as I saw the rundown stone toilet building and crept round the side, running my hand along the cold stone to the entrance.

My heart stopped and I halted in my tracks as I saw his familiar black curls littering over his shoulders.

"Oh fuck!" I blurted out, his head immediately snapping round. His wee stopping and his hands started to push his dick away, but stopped as he realised it was me, releasing a light breath as he turned back round and finished his business.

"Alissa it's nothing you haven't seen before." He stated to wall infront of him, his back turned away from me as my eyes trained on it, my body immediately shivering under his presence unsure of what to do.

"I-I will go." I quickly retorted turning back round, mentally scolding myself for running away.

"Wait Alissa." His voice stopped me, I bit my lip and turned back round as he was washing his hands his eyes glowing under the light as he scanned over my face, his expression unreadable.

"What..." I mutter, my eyes following his hands as he dried them on the towel hanging by the sink, my own tugging at the sleeves of my jumper as I shifted my weight between my feet.

"I think we need to talk Alissa don't you?" He questioned, his long legs carrying himself towards my slightly cowered frame.

"Fine, but not here..." I agree reluctantly, scanning my eyes back up his body naturally holding my gaze a little longer on the noticible imprint visible against his grey sweatpants, the same pair he wore when I stayed over.

"Come on then we'll go to my tent." He gave a weak smile as he ushered me out of the dingy toilet block his hand lightly pressed against the small of my back making my insides flutter, the cold night air filling my nostrils and ridding me of the stench of the cubicle.

"What are you doing up anyway?" Concern evident in his tone, his features shadowed against the moonlight as we walked away from the only source of light.

"I needed the toilet...but I mainly couldn't sleep." I replied quietly, my eyes focused on my feet walking across the grass, his hand still firmly placed on my back protectively.