39 ~ Contractions

"Shit Michael it hurts!" I whined as I felt the ambulance come to a stop, my hand squeezing down hard onto Michael's as my other ran over my stomach.

"Ouch Alissa." I heard him wince as I sunk my nails into his hand, the pain making my mind go cloudy for a second and making his whining annoy me.

"Michael I'm the one in labour!" I shot at him, his eyes immediately softening as he brought his hand to push my hair out of my face.

"I'm sorry Alissa. Squeeze my hand as hard as you want if it makes you feel better." He whispered as he helped me climb out the back of the ambulance, his arm wrapping around my body once again before he slowly lowered me into a wheelchair, which the paramedics had provided. He started to push me forward, my hand reaching behind my head quickly to hold onto his, suddenly feeling empty at the loss of contact as we made our way towards the hospital door.

"I'll f-feel better if you're here." I managed to speak through gritted teeth, his hand squeezing onto mine tightly, his thumb grazing over mine as we entered the hospital.

"I am Alissa I'm not leaving your side I promise." He spoke, the pain subsiding once again as I saw him appear in front of me, squatting down to my level so he could press his lips to mine, his face lingering there for a second before he pulled away. I watched as his expression turned more stern as he turned his attention to something in the corridor behind me, his hand coming to rest protectively on my knee.

Mum.

"Alissa! My baby!" I heard her voice echo through the corridor, a few nurses turning their heads to me as she did, immediately rushing around the counter as they saw my condition.

I groaned as Michael stood up and went back around behind me, turning the wheelchair around so I was met with mum speeding towards us, an unreadable expression plastered on her face.

"She's in labour?" I heard a women's voice ask Michael, his hand felt stroking the back of my hair causing me to lean back into his soft touch.

"Yes, she um...she's been having contractions a-about 11 minutes apart now, I-I know it's still very early labour but she's only young and it's twins." Michael informed the nurse as calmly as he could, his voice slightly shaky and his hand running through his curls.

"I can't belive it's happening oh my god, it's too early, do something!" Mum's piercing screech going straight through me, her squealing was not something I wanted to have to put up with at this current moment.

"Madam I'm going to have to ask you to calm down! You are not helping your daughter and it's perfectly normal to be early when pregnant with twins." The nurse giving mum a hard stare before sharing a comforting smile between me and Michael, her hand resting on my shoulder to reassure me.

"Yeah, mum please just go and get a drink or something." I stated blankly not bothering to face her, Michael's other hand reaching down to grip mine, his long fingers wrapping my small ones so safely.

"Yeah good idea...Alissa doesn't need to deal with your shit." He muttered, his tone spiteful and much lower than usual, my eyes trained on the ground unable to see mums reaction, instead I heard her footsteps banging back down the corridor.

"Okay..." The nurse stated slightly awkwardly before composing herself and turning to me and Michael "If you could bring her this way and we'll get Alissa a bed in the labour and delivery ward." Her kind smile making me relax slightly as she lead us down the long corridor before turning left into a surprisingly large room.

"Here we are Alissa, if you could try and get yourself up into this bed for me." Michael coming round to the front of me, his arms stretched out for me, his perfect smile laid so brightly across his angelic face. My hands gripped around his fore arms as we both mustered all our strength to pull me from the chair, the nurse swiftly making her way towards us to, aiding me into the bed.