47 ~ Prom pt.2

After a lot of protest from Maya and Sam I finally left with Michael, but I still promised myself I would be wary and not get my hopes up.

My eyes continued to stay blurry with tears as he drove us towards his house, the headlights from cars making it even worse.

We had sat in silence the whole time, with the occasionally glance from Michael which I could see from my side view.

I had to resist the urge to place my hand on his thigh, which is where it usually resided when I was in the passenger seat. Instead I kept them firmly in my lap, my thumbs fiddling with each other.

"Alissa can I just..." He began but I cut him off immediately.

"Michael I don't want to talk now can we wait until we're ho-at your house."

"No." He stated blankly, his tone making me raise my eyebrows and turn to him.

"Michael I'll just jump out the car and walk back if you talk to me like that." I stated as strongly as I could, he seemed to get the message as he relaxed slightly.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, his eyes strained on the road but I could see tears beginning to form.

"Well you shouldn't have got Susie for a booty call then!"

"Alissa I didn't!" He spoke quickly, his head turning to mine quickly showing me his eyes. "She came just before you asking if she could talk and I didn't have any energy to fight with her! Then next thing I knew she was standing in her underwear in front of you..." He trailed off, his cheeks flushed as I watched the side of his jaw clench. "You have to believe me baby I love you more than anything."

"You do?" I asked carefully. Surely he could just say that to make himself feel better. But the look he gave me next definitely pushed that thought from my head.

I felt my eyes start to tear again, I was a complete mess and there was no denying it.

"Shit." I heard Michael murmur as I shifted my body to stare out of the window, trying to shield my tears from here and obviously failing. "Alissa please don't cry." I felt his hand rest on my thigh, but I didn't pull away, I loved him too much.

Instead I sighed and rested my hand over it, his immediately turning around so he could lock his fingers with mine, his thumb running over the top of my hand. "Please never doubt my love for you again baby. I would never ever do something like that to you...and especially not to the twins." His voice fell softer at the end, his lip catching between his teeth.

"Michael I- are you FUCKING JOKING!?" I gasped as I saw Susie standing in the headlights in front of Michael's house as we pulled into the driveway. I released his hand immediately, shuffling away from him. "Did you forget to cancel your hoe appointment this time!?" I screamed across to him, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked between me and Susie.

"Alissa stop!" He spoke raising his arms into the air after he stopped the car. "I had no idea she was going to be here! How could I?" He raised his voice this time, his stare making me sink into the chair.

"Well let's what she has to say." I spoke quickly before opening the door and storming round to the front of the car. I heard Michael slam his door loudly behind me.

"Thank god you're here Alissa!" Susie spoke quickly, Michael coming to stand slightly in front of me, but I pushed him back rolling my eyes.

"Fuck off Susie." I spat, she immediately stepped back before shaking her head.

"I can't do it anymore...I'm so sorry." Her voice was quiet and her eyes were trained on the gravel.

"Can't do what? Fuck my life up?" Michael spoke from beside me, his voice cold.