one

it's almost midday and soonyoung just seat by the living room while fiddling on his phone as the television was left, without anyone watching it. a man just a few inches shorter than soonyoung, name jihoon, appeared from the kitchen while holding a bowl of kimchi furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing the breaking news on the television. "so far, it has been reported that majority of sunset apartment residence have been infected by contagious unknown disease." 

a woman in her early 40's read the news patiently, as her bangs dishevelled down his forehead. "the disease has never happened in the states before and it's a very rare and dangerous disease since anyone who gets infected, can eat human's flesh, leading to cannibalism."

jihoon place the bowl on the table before heaving a defeated sighed. it's been a week since the strange virus have been spreading in their states and now it has spread in their apartment complex which is very stupid for him. he hates the fact that there is no cure for that cannibal disease. "hoonie, why the long face?" soonyoung questioned him before kneeling in front of him as jihoon sat on the chair.

"nothing. i'm just hating this so-called-human-flesh-eating-disease!" jihoon expressed while massaging his temples. "hey honey, relax okay? as long as we stay in our house, we will be fine. we will be together just like usual. we can eat your favourite chicken together and we can have a family together. okay?" soonyoung being a good boyfriend he is, comforting jihoon with embracing him tightly in his arms.

soonyoung loves jihoon and he wants the best for both of them.

he won't let the stupid disease make them fall apart. this is not what he wants. suddenly, the siren was blaring at the ground floor of the apartment complex, making both of them jolted in surprise. "attention! two hours from now, all of the residence of this apartment complex will be forbidden from going out of the house until it has been announced to do so! please think of your safety and your family's! please make sure all of the windows and main doors of your house to be locked to avoid any dangerous consequences from occurring! thank you and please be safe!"

soonyoung immediately stood before locking all of the doors and windows and jihoon double check it so that they will stay alive and they will be happy just like they are now. they have to stay at home for 24 hours no matter what. 

24 hours for the government to stop the spread of the strange disease.

24 hours for them to survive in their house.

24 hours of them to make it out alive during the beginning of the survival.

"hoonie, i want to tell you something." soonyoung said while cupping jihoon's soft cheeks, jihoon the love of his life and his universe that no one can ever replace. "what is it?" jihoon questioned back while gazing at soonyoung's deep eyes with full of love. soonyoung took a deep breath before willing to tell jihoon the thing that he wanted to say after all this time. 

he is afraid that it will be his last time calmly looking at jihoon like right now.

"if anything happens to me, i want you to know, that i, kwon soonyoung, love you with all my heart and nothing can ever replace you in my life. i love you hoonie. i do..." soonyoung confesses as his tears rolling down his cheeks.

jihoon shook his head while caressing at the back of soonyoung's hand. "youngie, don't ever say that. this is not our last. we will be safe in our house okay? we will. trust me, and you know that i love you too right?" jihoon placed a soft kiss on soonyoung's lips with full of hope they will be together.

they will have a family together.

and jihoon believes that, but it's a vice versa for soonyoung.

all they have to do is stay in their house.

for as long as they can.

precisely, 24 hours to be safe.