XI • OUR TOWN

eleven. our town

Forbes Residence

Forbes Residence

Caroline Elizabeth Forbes walks into her humble, warm abode through the main front door after she has come home from high school for the day and puts her cotton magenta-coloured sling bag down on the near table next to the car and house keys. All of a sudden right after she shuts the door, Bonnie, Elena, Matt and Minerva enthusiastically jump out from their hiding spots in the living room with colourful, vibrant balloons, party hats, and a sign, according to plan; the Bennett girl is holding the glittered-sign with the title 'Happy Birthday, Caroline! xoxo', the blonde bus boy and the Gilbert girl are holding the balloons, and the Devon girl is wearing a fluffy tiara on her caramel brown-haired head. They yell surprise in unison with the same wide grin on their young, unforgettable faces, giggling at the blonde's reaction.

"Happy Birthday!" Minerva has recently came home from Whitmore campus with the genuine, sweet intention to celebrate her close friend's birthday.

A cute giggle escapes Caroline, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well you blew off school and missed our work of birthday art, so..." Elena trailed off as their caramel brunette best friend takes off the lovely, fluffy tiara she's wearing and gently puts it on the birthday golden blonde's head.

"Change into warmer clothes, we are going to the Falls." Bonnie told her.

"Oh yeah. S'mores, camp fire--"

Minerva interrupted the Gilbert girl, "Cake! Like when we were little."

"Exactly." Elena giggles along with the optimistic Devon girl enthusiastically.

"Except for the tequila!" Matt piped in as a playful reminder.

"Thanks, guys. Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year."

"Why, because you died and came back to life as a vampire? That's amazing. You know, not everyone gets to go through that. You survived. And hey, look, I did not go into the trouble to come back hours for my friend's birthday, only for her to decline for the celebration." Minerva encouraged.

"Yeah. I mean, you've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favourite day of the year." The young witch reminded their close vampire best friend of what she declared once, referring to the date of easily October 10th.

"Yeah, and now, it's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like seventeen. And the only point to being seventeen is to get to eighteen. It's a filler year; I'm stuck in a filler year." Caroline declared sadly.

"Oh, come on. No, you're not." Their banshee close friend encouraged her, "Looking in the bright side, eighteen is a legal age. I can't even wait for my time, so you should consider yourself and Elena, too, lucky to reach this."