XL • AMERICAN GOTHIC

forty. american gothic

 american gothic

Roadside

Damon, Rosie and Stefan have gotten out of her parked Acura RL and are walking towards the older brother's abandoned, parked Chevy Camaro Convertible after it was stolen by Elena and Rebekah with the lead for Katherine, therefore the cure, after his neck was broken. The owner, who gets out from the back seat of the car, is carrying two large containers.

"If they so much as even scratched the paint on my car--"

The caramel brunette cuts in, "Well, just be grateful Sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, you know, steal it from you." As he was ironically distracted by Elena herself on the roof of Billy's in New York. What remains unbelievable is Elena's brand new friendship with Rebekah, though of course their friendship only exists because they need the cure.

"Remind me to send her some mini-muffins. Do we really need ten gallons of gas, or are you making me just lug this around as punishment?"

"The latter, definitely." The adorable Kartwright girl smirks mischievously.

"You're really funny, Princess." The blue-eyed vampire sarcastically said.

"Well, they ditched your car after it ran out of fuel. You got to fill it up, so I'd say latter and former. Once your car's running again, you can use it alone. Rosie and I are going to use her car, without a third wheeler in the back." Honestly, he really needs more time alone with his girlfriend in only one car.

"Oh, like it's my dream to be your pathetic third wheeler." Damon spat.

"Well, you are very clingy and starting to get on my last nerve." Rosie said.

"Got a hundred miles before we get to Willoughby." Stefan declared.

"Yeah, well I don't remember that name from the list of places I got from New York." The smug brother remarked judgmentally, amusing the duo.

The opinionated girl chuckles, "Oh, the list? The list they stole from right under your nose, after you let your guard down? They'll be there."

"Yeah, Sheriff Forbes tracked down the car they stole after yours." Her supportive lover added on with a genuinely amused smile of his own.

Damon fills his Camaro tank with gasoline, "Screw the muffins. I'll get her champagne-if Elena is wherever it may be." He shrugs it off in a tired way.

Rosie smiles, "Willoughby. Creamed corn capital of Pennsylvania. They'll be there. Let's just hope we get to them before they get to the cure."

"Ooh, silver lining: if Rebekah takes the cure, then she's mortal and we can just kill her right then and there." Damon simply planned out as if it's easy.

"Ooh, dark cloud: Elena stays a vampire forever. Look, why don't you just table the revenge fantasies for now, and just keep your eye on the prize. Find Katherine, get the cure, get out before you get your neck snapped."