XIV • DANGEROUS LIAISONS

fourteen. dangerous liaisons

 dangerous liaisons

Gilbert Residence

Damon, Elena, and Rosie are in the back kitchen together.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin." Elena stated after her unexpected encounter with Elijah, who informed her of the recent updates, and Rebekah, who tried to kill her, the previous night at the hospital parking lot; fortunately, Elijah was the one who rescued her. Therefore, the powerful Original witch could probably remain alive by now and she may be their one and only solution to get rid of Klaus once and for all now that Mikael has already burned to his unfortunate demise recently. Now, Esther was the one who created Klaus, therefore she could also be the one who should end him for the sake of everyone's safety and well-being.

"As in the Original Witch. That makes sense." Rosie retorted, who seems to have connected the dots by herself about the one 'weapon' to end Klaus; the powerful witch who casted the hybrid curse on him, and also the one who ultimately turned the rest of her children into the very first vampires.

"What? No. How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon recalled in disbelief, mentally similarizing Klaus with Stefan to have murdered at least one birth parent in their early lives-- whereas Klaus murdered his own biological mother for putting the hybrid curse on him after her infidelity was revealed at the point of his first transformation into a werewolf after his first human kill, and Stefan murdered his own biological father on the exact night which he turned into a vampire by feeding on his exposed blood instead of healing him; not that Damon is complaining, considering Giuseppe Salvatore may have deserved that for what he has already put his sons through over the years until he definitely crossed the line by shooting them both to their end.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus." The naïve human doppelgänger informed them both, remaining skeptical about Esther's main objective in coming back to life; why would she make peace with the exact young man who murdered her? Her own son, resulted from the secret affair she had with another man. Perhaps she has already forgiven him then, after over one thousand years.

"Well, we can't trust her. She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus, and she is." The hybrid doppelgänger reminded them critically.

"Well, not anymore...at least not according to Elijah." Elena said with a sigh, genuinely tired of the fact that they can't trust him or any of his family.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds." Rosie pointed out clearly that the Original witch remains as their weapon.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon spoke up sarcastically.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena pauses when they hear the doorbell rings, "I believe him." A man of honor.