XXIV • MEMORIAL

twenty-four. memorial

Rosie Kartwright's Residence, Rosie's Bedroom

Rosie is packing up the necessities and supplies for a camping trip in the woods. Stefan and Damon are in the master bedroom with her, watching.

"You're making a big mistake, Princess Perfectionist." He folds his arms.

"Cut her some slack." Stefan defended his girlfriend with a tired sigh.

"Hopefully, I can get Elena used to animal blood right out the gate." The youngest person in the massive master room smiles at the choice of blood for the brand new vampire, being her unfortunately struggling best friend.

"You're reaching." The handsome icy blue-eyed vampire recognised, knowing how desperate she is to be in her best friend's moment of true aid in order to prevent the brand new vampire to feel guilty for feeding properly.

Although vampires require the significant human blood to live on.

"Maybe she'll be able to bypass all the things that we went through." Rosie shrugs at the possibility, smiling optimistically at the consideration of it.

"Delusional!"

"Maybe she actually has a shot at this." Stefan sided with her with a nod.

"Wrong. You're just wrong, Stefan, you both are." Damon pointed them out.

"Sorry, are you still talking?" Rosie snapped sarcastically with squinted eyes, "Look, she won't be able to handle it if she hurts someone, Damon. Her compassion is her Achilles heel and everything is magnified right now."

"Then you better hope she's not a fan of Bambi." Damon mentioned, "She needs human blood, Stefan, from the vein. Tell her that. Tell your ex."

"Oh, come on, you know what happens. You name me a vampire who didn't kill at least one person when they were new." Stefan brought up.

Damon turns to get ready to walk out the open door of the bedroom, "You name me one who went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens." The ripper.

"If she kills someone, she will crumble. How much pain do you think she could take before she shuts off her humanity switch?" Rosie spoke up.

"It happens to the best of us at least once." Damon said when an awkward silence then fills the atmosphere around them, due to the silent Rosie.

Stefan and Damon share a brief knowing look before they look back at Rosie; Stefan broke the silence, "You never switched it off, did you?"

"Oh, now this is unsatisfying." The oldest one in the room mentioned.

"Well, you already know the answer to your own question." Rosie said.