XXXVIII • BRING IT ON

thirty-eight. bring it on

Mikaelson Mansion

Mikaelson Mansion

The Original hybrid opens the main front door to find Damon standing outside and he grimaces at him. The vampire walks in without an invitation.

"Ah, what an unpleasant surprise." Klaus mentioned with a fake smile.

Damon strides into the parlor room, a piece of paper in his hand, and finds 'Minerva' sitting on a comfortable vintage armchair with a glass of red wine in her right hand, "Caramel. Aren't you supposed to be at Whitmore?"

"Aren't you going to tell us why you're here?" The woman snapped.

Damon nods once with a tight smile, "Right. So I just came up with a list."

Klaus shuts the front door and trails after the vampire into the parlor room.

"It's called 'Things You Suck At'." Damon stops and turns to face Klaus, "Number one: Finding Katherine. Ever. Number two: Covering up your secret phone conversations with that little backstabber Hayley." He waves the cell phone transcripts a little and puts them down on the end table.

It turns out, Hayley Marshall, the werewolf, was working with Katherine Pierce this entire time in a bargain; in which Hayley informed Katherine about everything related to the cure in exchange for the truth about her real family, truly desperate to know about them, before Klaus was the one who rescued her from being bitten by a vampire sent by Katherine to bite her. Unfortunately, Hayley was foolish enough to make a deal with Katherine, one who only ever cares about herself to get the cure for her own gains.

"What does it matter to you?" The 'banshee' asked skeptically at him.

"So, where is she? What does she know about Katherine?" Damon asked.

"We should help you?" Klaus asked him in return and a sense of ridicule.

Damon nods, "Mmhm. Because your girlfriend is always on my side."

"After you lot killed my brother and imprisoned me in the Gilbert living room?" The old hybrid reminded him as he has forgotten that the woman is not really his lover — Minerva Devon — the banshee doppelgänger.

Damon walks closer to him, "You might want to prioritize, Klaus. You have much bigger problems." Klaus and the woman look at him blankly, "Katherine has the cure." The hybrid looks displeased by this news, "My guess is she's going to want to cram it down your throat. You two help me find Katherine, I'll get the cure, I'll give it to Elena, everybody wins."

"Easier said than done, isn't it?" The young woman labeled in annoyance.

"Yeah. Just let me question Hayley about Katherine." She was her ally.

The woman and Klaus smile as the hybrid walks towards the vampire, "Can't help you, mate. Hayley's off limits." He walks past Damon and sits down on the sofa adjacent to the woman, feigning consideration, "Although, I did have a run in with a vampire who may know where Katerina is."