XXVIII • WE ALL GO A LITTLE MAD SOMETIMES

twenty-eight. we all go a little mad sometimes

 we all go a little mad sometimes

Gilbert Residence

In the early morning, the underaged Gilbert boy is lying dead on the couch. A clearly anxious, truly ashamed Elena is pacing in front of her brother's lifeless form, overwhelmed with the guilt after she was the one who stabbed his significant carotid artery with a butcher knife the previous night when she was hallucinating Connor in the kitchen. Damon is in the room with her.

A genuinely frustrated and tired sigh leaves her overwhelming state of mind, "I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?" Fortunately, Jeremy remains to wear the resurrection ring despite after what happened to Alaric when he was brought back to life too many times with the jewelry. Although why was she even hallucinating Connor in the first place? Guilt?

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Damon earns a glare at his sarcasm, "You should have called Rosie, or Stefan."

Elena shakes her head in denial, "I don't want to talk to them, especially Rosie. They've been lying to me and hiding things from me. She compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what." Another genuinely tired sigh leaves her furious state over the fact that Rosie compelled her brother to forget things-- most probably about the secret deal that they made with Klaus, most probably concerning about the hunter, who's now dead and buried.

"In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing him kind of trumps that. And you should have called Rosie. She's your bestie at the moment, unless..."

"No, she's not. I don't trust her right now, Damon." Elena snapped sternly, remaining defensive once it comes to both Rosie and Stefan at the moment.

Rosie walks in through the unlocked front door; Elena and Damon look at her simultaneously and the hybrid finds the lifeless form on the sofa, "Hey."

Damon casually told the brand new vampire, "P.S., I called Rosie."

The mentioned caramel brunette walks over to Elena in great concern when she sees the lifeless body clearly, "What happened? Why did you call me?"

"I just - I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands." Elena speed-walks over to the set of stairs, avoiding her own best friend.

At that moment, Jeremy comes back to life with a dramatically heavy gasp.

Rosie gently mentioned him in deep concern as she watches how horrified he is in pure sympathy, "Hey, welcome back. How are you feeling?"

He averts his puzzled gaze between Damon and Rosie, "What happened?" The last thing he remembers is his own sister calling out his name downstairs from the kitchen; once he got there, she stabbed his neck-- deep in his carotid artery, to be precise, with a butcher knife, which killed him. Although why would she do that? Was she hallucinating someone else?